Akiyama KO was illegal

Not that Akiyama had a chance but the ko blow was obviously illegal to the back of the head. If you have rules enforce them.

sad bastrdd, fuck off and watch the fights, insteadd of making threads

he sucks

The shots came after he was out Phone Post

Cant even watch the fights, it's a fight though it happens. Unless the guy is running away and belfort was punching him that way, punches are thrown and movement affects accuracy. Phone Post

wildebeest - sad bastrdd, fuck off and watch the fights, insteadd of making threads

Lameneck?

All shots in the cage count.

If they are illegal......they are illegal no matter when they occur.

wildebeest - sad bastrdd, fuck off and watch the fights, insteadd of making threads

Fight finished because of an illegal blow.

Should be a DQ.

TopGrinder -  So many fuckin crybabies. Its a fight, rules get pretty grey at times. quit being a bitch

Grey? KO from illegal strike isn't grey.

Its a DQ, ask Anderson Silva.

Akiyama needs to go down to 170

Shot that KO'd Sexy was the same exact shot that caught Fedor. Sexy on his hands and knees and vitor threw a shot under sexy's arm and flattened him. It was perfectly legal. A couple of other shots were to the back of the head however. Phone Post

My2cents -  Shot that KO'd Sexy was the same exact shot that caught Fedor. Sexy on his hands and knees and vitor threw a shot under sexy's arm and flattened him. It was perfectly legal. A couple of other shots were to the back of the head however. Phone Post

u mean franklin>?

Right. Anything to take away from Vitor.

Akiyama was out before that.

Just mad because your "super model" Akiyama got destroyed.

The precedent has been set that it is not only okay, but encouraged ($$$) for fighters to strike the back of the head while trying to finish a fight on the ground. ZUFFA gets more fights finished, but at the cost of the integrity of the rules and safety of the fighters.

Akiyama was already out.

Vitor did NOT get his win bonus because of that punch to the back of the head.

J-Tee - no I was talking about the shot that Hendo landed on Fedor that made Fedor face plant. Vitor landed the same shot in Akiyama. That is the actual punch that put Akiyama asleep. Watch it again and you will see the actual punch that KO'd Akiyama. BUT I agree that Vitor also landed shots to the back of Akiyama's head... And to Franklin come to think of it. Phone Post

brahmabull81 - 

Actually what makes it different is that Sexy was still conscious and was put out COLD by the two shots to the back of the head. Hendo KOd Fedor with the underneath shot but the back of the head shots (and if you look at them from certain angles, they are very bordeline) had no visual effect. Vitors were to the base of skull and CLEARLY were the shots that actually put Akiyama out.

He was done before that, but he went out cold SOLELY due to the spine strikes. So its way different than Hendo-Fedor.

This is how I saw it as well.  I had money on Vitor, (4 fight parlay and needed him to win) and I'm a huge Belfort fan, but it's clear that he did strike Akiyama on the brain stem and that is incredibly dangerous.  I thought the fight was being stopped in order to warn Belfort and give Akiyama some time to recover.  

Note:  I won the 4 fight parlay