Akiyama says he will fight for UFC this year

Says he will be back this year after a two year hiatus.

Via Bloody Elbow

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/4/22/5620448/yoshihiro-akiyama-return-sexy-judo-ufc-news-update-im-bringing-sexyama-back-yeah-you-ready Phone Post 3.0

Search Phone Post 3.0

SpicyTaco20 - Search Phone Post 3.0
I'm at work on a phone... Don't care to search Phone Post 3.0

First threat I've seen about it, so fuck him. Phone Post 3.0

I'd be surprised about that, if he actually did come back to fight. He is making so much fucking money off his daughter right now, massive celebrity in Korea, he never has to fight again in his life (plus his wife makes bank).

He should stay retired, imo (even though I love his style).

We might finally see Akiyama vs Alves! Phone Post 3.0

Why what's his daughter do? Phone Post 3.0

I didn't even know he was still signed. Anyone know why he was gone so long? Phone Post 3.0

Trueman range - Why what's his daughter do? Phone Post 3.0

His daughter is the star of a reality show and basically a superstar.

duckhuntgangsta - Phone Post 3.0

So, guess how much he got paid to do this advert for New Balance? The amount will blow your fucking mind.... it's like Tom Cruise money and shit.

So damn sexy.

my lotion is ready

Sexy vs the Dong mmmmhmmmm hhhhmmmmm my body is ready 

I think he's done. He got outstruck by Jake Shields. Yeah he had a couple uber picturesque throws that were works of beauty but he didnt do anything with them.

He's 39 in July and every fight since the Belcher fight (which i still think he won btw and with a huuuge size disadvantage), he's looked pretty bad.

Had he started MMA a bit earlier and fought as a WW in the UFC, i think he may have done better. He is super talented, he has the judo and striking power and athleticism and chin but never put it together that well.

There were rumours he was pretty shot after the Misaki KO (which was ruled a NC) but i thought he still looked good vs Belcher. But then he looked terribly slow vs a terribly slow Leben all the way back then and it hasnt improved since.

He and Dong may have trained together. Dong was with Wayjutsu for a while where I believe Okami, Uno and Sexy all train(ed).

Dong and Cung for that matter i think beat him handily now though him vs Dong would totally play up the Korea vs Japan vs Korean Japanese thing as well and the UFC has some legit political Asian hot buttons to play with in their stupid promos.

They could do Zombie vs Hioki or Kawajiri on the same card. ;)

Kakkarotto_san -

So, guess how much he got paid to do this advert for New Balance? The amount will blow your fucking mind.... it's like Tom Cruise money and shit.
Give up the numbers Phone Post 3.0

A fight with story would be fun Phone Post 3.0

Akiyama is ethnically Korean so there is no Korea v Japan angle. That said, Dong or Chung Le would be interesting match ups. Phone Post 3.0

Koga - Akiyama is ethnically Korean so there is no Korea v Japan angle. That said, Dong or Chung Le would be interesting match ups. Phone Post 3.0

Anderson Silva is not black either.

There is no America vs Brazil angle with the ethnic white Americans and Brazilians.