Aleksei Oleinik vs. Fabricio Werdum

BJTT-BigDaddy -

Werdum should never fight again. Looked like a lumpy turd, slow, awful.

Physically, he looked just like he has since USADA came around. His performances have gotten worse every fight, since USADA's arrival.

Liet -
KaiTangata - Werdum wasn't as sharp as usual but that was expected and he still beat Alexy up and dominated positions. I'd like to see that again, Werdum would steamroll him when 100%

Well maybe, but I expected him to be more careful and defensive, trying to keep his hands up, especially after throwing a clearly winning fight against Volkov.

It's just like his advances in MT had regressed to a pre-Pride Era. Don't know how after being KOed in the way he was he didn't improved his defense against power shots

I don’t think Werdum is improving anymore, honestly. The funny thing about his career is he is one guy I feel never reached his full potential, even though he has one of the best resumes in heavyweight history and is a former UFC champion. Over the years we’ve seen some inconsistency with his focus, motivation, and fight intelligence. In this fight, like some other fights he looked out of shape. Looked like he had a bit of cage rust. I won’t blame him for not being in shape though because of state of the world, but you could definitely tell.

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
BJTT-BigDaddy -

Werdum should never fight again. Looked like a lumpy turd, slow, awful.

Physically, he looked just like he has since USADA came around. His performances have gotten worse every fight, since USADA's arrival.

I agree about his performances but tonight he was slower and even physically looked worse. Like he didn’t train. That doesn’t seem USADA related to me, it just seems like he isn’t/wasn’t motivated. It’s not like it’s hard to get rid of a gut. 

MasterofMartialArts -
Liet -
KaiTangata - Werdum wasn't as sharp as usual but that was expected and he still beat Alexy up and dominated positions. I'd like to see that again, Werdum would steamroll him when 100%

Well maybe, but I expected him to be more careful and defensive, trying to keep his hands up, especially after throwing a clearly winning fight against Volkov.

It's just like his advances in MT had regressed to a pre-Pride Era. Don't know how after being KOed in the way he was he didn't improved his defense against power shots

I don’t think Werdum is improving anymore, honestly. The funny thing about his career is he is one guy I feel never reached his full potential, even though he has one of the best resumes in heavyweight history and is a former UFC champion. Over the years we’ve seen some inconsistency with his focus, motivation, and fight intelligence. In this fight, like some other fights he looked out of shape. Looked like he had a bit of cage rust. I won’t blame him for not being in shape though because of state of the world, but you could definitely tell.

Have to agree with you. And well I would say that the state of the world, with quarantine in a few places (like my home) it's showing in the physical and psychological shape of the fighters, this ain't obviously easy days

1 Like

29-27 alexei

Rematch at high altitude.

Werdum should retire. When you fight Oleink and you’re by far the slower fighter, you’re cooked. Sad to q the virus see him out there just sowing ttyy

survey says.... alex

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/11019/Aleksei-Oleinik-vs-Fabricio-Werdum

I feel like if Oleinik had thrown a few more lefts to the body throughout it wouldn't have been as close as it was.

Werdum's USADA transformation is one that flies under the radar.

![](upload://xt37y3rNpopizbdyLSDe34mm8PX.jpeg)

![](upload://r3rDdfQQoQifmSNC0zok53FtLhs.jpeg) ![](upload://6kjhoya5wGyBsAQlWUnAEKSAawG.png)

![](upload://v82MxG6tsmGv5Ta3vhNYEEvPVmH.jpeg)

Jacare another one.

![](upload://T7D83YI2eUEz2sZIoTP6SRezQG.jpeg)

![](upload://fgXWk8lHRBOR636o0LmDRjwUhWy.gif)

Jacare another one.

The Jacare one has been thoroughly covered

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/Jacare-Souza-physical-transformation:2222256-48

And while Werdum seems to become fatter lately he has always had this weird washboard type of torso that doesn't allow to make definite accusations   

touch -

Jacare another one.

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/Jacare-Souza-physical-transformation:2222256-48

Yeah, Jacare didn't really fly under the radar.

touch -

And while Werdum seems to become fatter lately he has always had this weird washboard type of torso that doesn't allow to make definite accusations   

The thing is though, one of those before pictures was when he won the title, his last fight pre-USADA. Then one of those bottom pictures is from the very next fight, his first fight post-USADA, where he lost his title. You're right that Werdum wasn't always in good shape, and was soft at times throughout his career. Which is probably why he flew under the radar. Then around 2013 he got lean, started becoming a different fighter, then won the title. USADA tgen showed up, his very next fight he shows up soft, fights like shit, gets ko'd and loses his title. From then on he's been soft, and his performances have gotten progressively worse each fight.

touch -

Jacare another one.

Yeah Jacare definitely hasn’t gone under the radar

You look at Werdum's run in the top 5 prior and up to his title win, and he was lean for the whole thing. He was a soft lower top 10 guy, gets lean and becomes a top guy, then gets soft again and goes back to being a lower top 10 guy.

Last fight pre-USADA

First fight post-USADA ![](upload://hLvjmaYitlU14teaNS44OJxteGZ.jpeg)

I bet he was wheezing the juice vs Mark Hunt too. Fuck