Alex Hernandez Blasts 'Quitter' Donald Cerrone

https://twitter.com/MikeBohnMMA/status/1225578892322385921?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

4 Likes

I agree with him. Alex is a stud, Cowboy came with grit and dog in him to break Alex down. He came to destroy Alex. With Conor he came out like a little kitty cat afraid to engage the leprechaun, or cause any harm whatsoever. It was a fraud of a fight.. there was no fight at all in Cowboy. Paid off. That's not the Cowboy I grew up watching.. he QUIT. 

14 Likes
KnockoutThoughts -

I agree with him. Alex is a stud, Cowboy came with grit and dog in him to break Alex down. He came to destroy Alex. With Conor he came out like a little kitty cat afraid to engage the leprechaun, or cause any harm whatsoever. It was a fraud of a fight.. there was no fight at all in Cowboy. Paid off. That's not the Cowboy I grew up watching.. he QUIT. 

Afraid to engage?  He immediately tied up with him.  If he was afraid to engage that fight would've lasted longer.

7 Likes
danggook -
KnockoutThoughts -

Afraid to engage?  He immediately tied up with him.  If he was afraid to engage that fight would've lasted longer.

Tied up and did what exactly? Where exactly did you see any effort? Standing there doesn't count as engaging. Watch any other Cowboy fight in his career, and tell me when you've seen him do that. Go watch the Cowboy Oliveira fight.. that wasn't the same guy. Cowboy dove like a Navy Seal. 

1 Like
KnockoutThoughts -
danggook -
KnockoutThoughts -

Tied up and did what exactly? Where exactly did you see any effort? Standing there doesn't count as engaging. Watch any other Cowboy fight in his career, and tell me when you've seen him do that. Go watch the Cowboy Oliveira fight.. that wasn't the same guy. Cowboy dove like a Navy Seal. 

What effort dude, what time to do anything he got blasted with the quickness.  Smashed his face up good.  That's not "quiting" he just took a beat down, probably wasn't expecting strikes like those.  Have never seen anybody do that so effectively.

2 Likes

This is the EXACT same thing Stephen A Smith said after the fight and UFC fans lost their minds. Cerrone looked like he didn't want to be there and he quit. Now it's not Stephen A saying that. IT'S A FIGHTER WHO WENT TO WAR WITH CERRONE, AND LOST! So he has no axe to grind. Just speaking the brutal truth.

Also Cerrone has now come out and said reports that he had a broken orbital were not true. So that wipes out an entire layer of excuses. HE HAD A BROKEN ORBITAL!! HAVE YOU EVER HAD YOUR EYE BROKEN?!

This admission from Cerrone further proves his rep as a non high IQ level fighter, because by confirming nothing was broken, leads to the obvious question: THEN WHY DID YOU GIVE UP SO QUICKLY??

The really frustrating thing about Cerrone's awful performance is that MMA lost a huge opportunity. Even with other events going on that weekend, MMA was the main story and finally in the news. Imagine if it had been a spellbinding fight that had the arena buzzing and people all talking about it the next day in glowing terms. Who knows what connection MMA could have forged across mainstream?

Instead Cerrone comes out and lays down a dirty turkey egg that stinks so bad, so devoid of any action or competitiveness, the next day people are forced to wonder if he may have thrown the fight.

And these snippy Instagram chipshots at any fan who dares question his motivation won't do it. He needs to sit down look the camera in the eye, and explain to his remaining fans exactly why this happened.

If fans would find an ambitious attorney to launch a class action lawsuit to refund anyone that purchased the PPV, I think they would have a case. Any judge that viewed the fight, would immediately rule in favor of a refund.

Maybe if he hadn't been so obsessed with going jet skiing and mountain climbing during training camp, he might have lasted more than 40 seconds!

Sad that a self confessed OG never learned the first rule of OG; You never cheat the game. You always cheat yourself.

![](upload://eR04XmsM7TnNRVxH4c3sUZGudKl.jpeg)

9 Likes

Ditto...the same grit he came at alex and justin with was non-exsistent in the Mcgregor fight.... Cowboy even admitted that his orbital and nose were fine...... Shame what a big payday will to do to someone

4 Likes
stainlesssteel -

This is the EXACT same thing Stephen A Smith said after the fight and UFC fans lost their minds. Cerrone looked like he didn't want to be there and he quit. Now it's not Stephen A saying that. IT'S A FIGHTER WHO WENT TO WAR WITH CERRONE, AND LOST! So he has no axe to grind. Just speaking the brutal truth.

Also Cerrone has now come out and said reports that he had a broken orbital were not true. So that wipes out an entire layer of excuses. HE HAD A BROKEN ORBITAL!! HAVE YOU EVER HAD YOUR EYE BROKEN?!

This admission from Cerrone further proves his rep as a non high IQ level fighter, because by confirming nothing was broken, leads to the obvious question: THEN WHY DID YOU GIVE UP SO QUICKLY??

The really frustrating thing about Cerrone's awful performance is that MMA lost a huge opportunity. Even with other events going on that weekend, MMA was the main story and finally in the news. Imagine if it had been a spellbinding fight that had the arena buzzing and people all talking about it the next day in glowing terms. Who knows what connection MMA could have forged across mainstream?

Instead Cerrone comes out and lays down a dirty turkey egg that stinks so bad, so devoid of any action or competitiveness, the next day people are forced to wonder if he may have thrown the fight.

And these snippy Instagram chipshots at any fan who dares question his motivation won't do it. He needs to sit down look the camera in the eye, and explain to his remaining fans exactly why this happened.

If fans would find an ambitious attorney to launch a class action lawsuit to refund anyone that purchased the PPV, I think they would have a case. Any judge that viewed the fight, would immediately rule in favor of a refund.

Maybe if he hadn't been so obsessed with going jet skiing and mountain climbing during training camp, he might have lasted more than 40 seconds!

Sad that a self confessed OG never learned the first rule of OG; You never cheat the game. You always cheat yourself.

He talked mad shit to cerrone before the fight and cerrone whooped him, i'd say hernandez has every axe to grind

4 Likes
KnockoutThoughts -

Yep! 

1 Like

He's just trying to get a rematch.

3 Likes

"Go get some fans!"

Didn't he get beat like a drum by cowboy after talking crazy? He should pipe down

2 Likes
stainlesssteel -

Alex at least has an informed opinion and fights at a really high level. He's not just some blowhard. I think he should be quiet too since he got whooped pretty badly by cowboy, but at least he's another man in the arena

2 Likes
ScreenName22 -

Hernandez would starch Conor

Lol not sure if serious 

2 Likes
ScreenName22 -

100%. A nightmare matchup for the hype job. Too much grind for the overrated leprechaun. People still believe the hype..smh Hernandez would drown him. Wins everywhere, both standup and grappling. They fought 2 different versions of Cowboy. Hernandez fought the Dad Cerrone, a fucking beast, a stone cold assassin. Conor fought Cow Cerrone, a soft squishy marshmallow who came in with no heart and quit. Two completely different versions of the same man.. The second guy I had never seen before till that night he fought Conor. Tendencies don't just change overnight, and a gunslinger doesn't just become gunshy from one fight to the next. $$$Dana$$$ Happened. 

1 Like

To anyone who really watched fighting closely and knew what they were watching over the years, Cerrone always packed in when he faced guys who were coming to fight and could sustain pressure and beat him up for entire fight if necessary. 

masvidal, Diaz, till, Edwards, dos anjos twice. If a guy stepped in and threw at Cerrone with bad intentions he shelled up every time.

Tony Ferguson took whatever courage Cerrone had left.

Cerrone’s anyone, anywhere, anytime, gimmick is just an act. He’s back stage puking and swearing he’s never going to fight again when he’s warming up. Paul felder is the person Donald Cerrone pretends to be

WATHUNT -
ScreenName22 -

Lol not sure if serious 

Completely serious.. there's a reason why Dana and ConMan are ducking the entire division. They refuse to climb and earn a shot because they KNOW he can't. Anyone of these relatively unknown dudes can take him out. The division is loaded with talent, and the promotion relies on keeping the hype alive for as long as they can to milk it. They can't AFFORD for a regular dude like Hernandez to expose the hype product and liberate the industry from the fraud we've been forced to accept. He's not special, he's just the guy Dana CHOSE. A protected path because they mutually profit from the McFraud spectacle. Hernandez has already had more fights in the division than Conor has. Conor only has free titleshots at 155lb. He has never fought in a fight in the division that wasn't an entitled free gift at the strap. Dana CARRIES Conor. Without Dana White protecting him behind the scenes that dude would be a nobody. Paul Felder > Conor. Dan Hooker > Conor. Tony > Conor, indisputably. Conor is just a marketing gimmick. I mean look at him.. he has a cute little tattoo of a tiger on his stomach to show us he's tough, the kind you'd find in a 25 cent toy dispenser. He  opens his eyes really wide and makes a crazy face to tell us that he's crazy. He's selling us an image of being the toughest baddest mf ever, but his actions continue to be that of someone who wants to cherrypick his opponents. Dana more than happy to oblige his timid choices, and reward him with titleshot after titleshot for reasons no one can explain in a sport environment, aside from the automatic fanboy excuse of "money". Money is also the root of corruption, and that's what this is.. the complete corruption of a sport because of one clown they have to cater to. An unfair playing field for one entitled prick who feels he's above all other fighters who go out there and EARN their standings. Conor is still on Welfare, except Dana is the guy issuing the handouts nowadays.

Hernandez would fight like a dog, he wouldn’t lay down like a doormat. 

failure at life -

To anyone who really watched fighting closely and knew what they were watching over the years, Cerrone always packed in when he faced guys who were coming to fight and could sustain pressure and beat him up for entire fight if necessary. 

masvidal, Diaz, till, Edwards, dos anjos twice. If a guy stepped in and threw at Cerrone with bad intentions he shelled up every time.

Cerrone’s anyone, anywhere, anytime, gimmick is just an act. He’s back stage puking and swearing he’s never going to fight again when he’s warming up. Paul felder is the person Donald Cerrone pretends to be

Everyone you named he came to fight. I remember him toughing it out and trying in every fight you mentioned. He never stopped being dangerous in every single one of those fights. There is no other fight you can compare to his fight on 1/18/20. Not a single fight in his history matches that abomination of a fight… the body shot KO with RDA is the only comparable result, and there was an entirely different energy to Cowboy’s fight in that one compared to this sham. He came to fight in that one and it showed. He was swinging punches, firing leg kicks, and he made every effort to survive against RDA, even going for a takedown when he was in trouble. I have never seen Zero Offense Cerrone before. We will never see Zero Offense Cerrone again in his entire career. We called out the predictable showing given his words leading up to it. 

KnockoutThoughts - 
failure at life -

Everyone you named he came to fight. I remember him toughing it out and trying in every fight you mentioned. He never stopped being dangerous in every single one of those fights. There is no other fight you can compare to his fight on 1/18/20. Not a single fight in his history matches that abomination of a fight… the body shot KO with RDA is the only comparable result, and there was an entirely different energy to Cowboy’s fight in that one compared to this sham. He came to fight in that one and it showed. He was swinging punches, firing leg kicks, and he made every effort to survive against RDA, even going for a takedown when he was in trouble. I have never seen Zero Offense Cerrone before. We will never see Zero Offense Cerrone again in his entire career. We called out the predictable showing given his words leading up to it. 

The fight wasn’t a dive, per se. I’m step-by-step with you on the Conor favoritism from the UFC brass, but you’re over-reaching a bit here, imo.

IMO, Cowboy was simply not ready to fight, but took the payday. The powers-that-be made sure of this. They went looking for the biggest name that wasn’t at 100%. This fight was always meant as a showcase for Conor and nothing more. Why do you think they’re pushing for another LW title shot after this fight, even though it wasn’t even a LW fight? All they needed was Conor to look spectacular and that he did.

I don’t see Cerrone coming out and actually telling the truth about the situation as he was the one that took the money.

It’s like Bisping fighting Gastelum in a Fight Night main-event a month after being finished by GSP. He did it for the money, nothing more, nothing less.

1 Like
Liyon -
KnockoutThoughts - 
failure at life -

The fight wasn’t a dive, per se. I’m step-by-step with you on the Conor favoritism from the UFC brass, but you’re over-reaching a bit here, imo.

IMO, Cowboy was simply not ready to fight, but took the payday. The powers-that-be made sure of this. They went looking for the biggest name that wasn’t at 100%. This fight was always meant as a showcase for Conor and nothing more. Why do you think they’re pushing for another LW title shot after this fight, even though it wasn’t even a LW fight? All they needed was Conor to look spectacular and that he did.

I don’t see Cerrone coming out and actually telling the truth about the situation as he was the one that took the money.

It’s like Bisping fighting Gastelum in a Fight Night main-event a month after being finished by GSP. He did it for the money, nothing more, nothing less.

There’s a very narrow line between what you believe happened and what I believe happened. We can agree to disagree on the particulars, and the motives involved. I’ve seen money corrupt the most noble of men. To state it cannot happen is disingenuous imo. If I paid you a few million…lol let me leave it at that.