Alexander Gustafsson's comeback fight reportedly against Ben Rothwell

Gus lost to a faded shell of Werdum and will likely be dominated by Rothwell in this fight.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a little unfair to say that. Heā€™s a black belt grappler who beats anyone if he gets them in that spot. Shit we just watched a HW title fight where both men barely knew what to do when it hit the mat. That heel hook attempt legit looked like Gane was like ā€œI know on tv they do it and it goes something like thisā€.

Werdum may not had been in his prime, but the HW division has a lot of factors at play. MMA math never works there.

I kindly disagree, think Gus will win and would be willing to bet on it. Iā€™ll be putting money on this fight for sure and will post my bet slip.

Will you?

1 Like

I would if I wasnā€™t missing at least a weekā€™s worth of work with this covid Iā€™m getting over. But probably not either way since I degen all my spare cash into crypto. Lol

1 Like

Still canā€™t believe Anik called him back and ruined this amazing hype

Ben looked like a disappointed & scolded puppy when he returned to Anik

1 Like

I got Ben, love Gus but HWT is not the answer for him. Ben is durable and will eventually catch him IMO.

1 Like

At least youā€™re honest. Sucks that work isnā€™t going to pay you during your COVID bout, thatā€™s such a fucked up bummer man. No one deserves that shit.

1 Like

Itā€™s not the answer in terms of, he could win a title or anything. Thereā€™s no way.

but Iā€™d rather watch him fight some HWā€™s than someone like Costa when he moves up to 205.

The UFC and the way theyā€™ve treated champs makes the belt almost meaningless to me sometimes. Like I donā€™t care whoā€™s ā€œchampā€ as opposed to just seeing really fun matchups.

Like, Gus would fucking smoke Glover right now but like, I donā€™t seem to really care that much.

Am I alone on that one?

Gustafson by head kick after getting beat up some by Ben. Theyā€™re saying itā€™s a heavyweight fight. Not 205. Ben couldnt make 205, ever, could he? And still fight worth a damn.

If youā€™re talking to me, Iā€™m fully aware itā€™s a HW fight and donā€™t recall eluding to anything otherwise.

I said Iā€™d rather watch him move to HW to fight these guys as oppose to staying in 205 and fighting a guy who moves up like Costa or even fighting Glover for the title, who I think heā€™d smoke right now.

I hope that clarifies my views on the matter.

I was referring to Hillbo FT comment. I wasnā€™t accusing you of saying anything.

1 Like

Yes itā€™s at 305

Gotta say I think Glover would take him down and grind him out.

Get well, Floppy. Thereā€™s a lot of lonely weighty women waiting on your recovery.

1 Like

well thatā€™s a relief.

Man we just canā€™t seem to agree on anything in the fight game! Lol

1 Like

Not as it relates to Gus at least. Hah

Thatā€™s a fun fight.

Keen too. Gus is still a beast.

This would be fine:

1 Like