All multi division champs were gifted a title shot

I was just reading about how Conor hasn't earned a shot at Woodley, but he didn't earn the one vs Eddie either. Shouldn't really matter when we hold Randy and BJ up so high when both were gifted their shots as well.

Randy had never fought at LHW but got interim title fight. Then he got HW shot absurdly (and won and we loved it). BJ was a LW with no recent wins over top WWs but was given shots the WW belt twice. Hell, even Frankie's first attempt at it was a gift.

I'm not a McNuthugger at all, but people need to stop holding him to a higher standard than we hold everyone else.

different eras son...also, conor to this day has not defended his belt

gokudamus - different eras son...also, conor to this day has not defended his belt

Frankie vs Aldo 1 was a different era? How about Chaels shots?

Money always talked and Conor's is screaming right now. 

We shit on him for fighting smaller guys, but then we cry if he wants to move up?

SkinDiver - 
gokudamus - different eras son...also, conor to this day has not defended his belt

So he was "gifted" a title shot that he did not deserve/earn and somehow won the fight handily?  I must be missing something because the empirical evidence of him winning by an early TKO should tell us that he was deserving.  

sure...if hendo won against bisbing..does it mean he is the #1 guy or he deserved the shot?no, of course not

Death Beast - 

Frankie vs Aldo 1 was a different era? How about Chaels shots?

Money always talked and Conor's is screaming right now. 

We shit on him for fighting smaller guys, but then we cry if he wants to move up?

i didnt realize frankie and chael were multidivision champs

Ha ha, you think Conor is being held to a higher standard? That is classic. How about Maia is being held to a higher standard for having to earn his title shot? How about Khabib and Ferguson are being held to a higher standard for having to earn their shots? 

You think Conor deserves the shot at 170 after he just lost to Nate @ 170 2 fights ago? Man what is wrong with you? I do agree though that the UFC has always been messed up when it comes to earning titles. Some get the hard road, some get the easy road. Serra won the title after earning a shot through TUF. I thought the ranking system was suppose to make it a more legitimate sport though. It might be worse than ever now.