Alleged incident involving Tony Ferguson

Again, "cause"

Causal link {or triggering} =/= standing cause. This is not black and white. It's even in the literature you quote.

"it's important to learn more about why it's not harmless to everyone"

"it's already clear that heavy cannabis use is linked to long-lasting cognitive problems, but only in a percentage of those who used pot during adolescence"

Timing and volume, pre-existing genetic conditions etc etc etc. 

It's not a hard "cause". It's not suitable for everyone. Nothing is. Penicilin can save you, or kill you. There is no serious literature with a 1:1 equation for weed 'causing' schizophrenia as a blanket universal. To say it's an undeniable fact simply must be denied. 

Ya hoozers

"Cannabis use causes psychotic symptoms in an otherwise healthy individual that would not have occurred with abstinence."

ConorWinsTheRematch -

"Cannabis use causes psychotic symptoms in an otherwise healthy individual that would not have occurred with abstinence."

'Building on the knowledge that only a select population of teen pot smokers have later cognitive problems'

quit picking them cherries, boy 

Angry Ram -

I know it could be harmful but so is alot of things, can't live ya life like a pansy boy. Get drunk smoke weed have a good time while you can i say, weed also makes me thousands of dollars a year and it's an amazing plant to grow, and very satisfying smoking your own high grade buds. 

You def have weed induced schizophrenia/psychosis. I would almost feel bad for you if you werent always such an abrasive douche. You Make thousands a year. Wow. You are such a high roller. I make thousands a week and I'm drug free and happy (simply "high" off my relationships with Jesus Christ and my family). but how Do you feel knowing that when you sell someone weed, you are contributing to that person being at very high risk of developing weed-induced mental illnessess. Sleep well on that fact

Seems like a last push of resistance before legalization. Not that there is any actual discussion going on but since the "evidence" isnt actually there (tests done in mice dont mean conclusive evidence in humans although often similar results or we wouldnt use it whatsoever.

But here we go

-no one has ever died from using marijuana on it's own. Several everyday products are much more toxic

-if marijuana were legalized and this concern for causing these psychotic issues bears fruit, we could test people for their risk factor, and put research towards creating a specific strain that may mitigate these risks

-the people pushing this research are really presenting it in a horrible ie hah fucking stupid pot heads this why your so dumb

-its contradicting to say a few mice having this reaction means definitively marijuana is bad, but criticize your skeptics for saying they know succesful people who use regularly

-in my personal experience, 3 treatment stints, a year in a halfway house, 3 years as a drug youth counselor and administrator with almost 10 years of sobriety, I've never seen anyone ever smoke and then obtain all these psychotic symptoms. They were dormant, marijuana may have brought them out, but other drugs couldve as well. It cant be known.

-lastly, we have studies that show too much cell phone use has negative effects, we know cigarettes and alcohol kill more people than almost anything. Fucking cancer exists. Where are you that go outside and see mass devastation from weed? So many real problems exist, why are demonizing this plant. 

The Magician Longs to See -
ConorWinsTheRematch -

'Building on the knowledge that only a select population of teen pot smokers have later cognitive problems'

quit picking them cherries, boy 

Yeah, no where is that a quote, in the peer reviewed study I quoted from. 

I think the behavior of the weed drug users in this thread should show even more how harmful weed is. This is even more proof. Users become cult-like with their weed use. they treat Weed like their own mad made "religion" and "defend" at all costs in an almost "Islamic way"

One more thing. I've seen polls on this site ridiculing parents for putting their kids on adderall. Part of that problem is dsm. The terminology your using on what psychosis is comes from that. Are you familiar with how grey so much of that terminology is? Depending the person paranoia could be mistaken for heightened awareness. And so on and so forth. If anyone is unaware of how they come across, it's the guy who has never smoked a joint and tried to look at things from a different perspective. But yah, stay on that soapbox and tell everyone how they dumb they are oh holy sober one. Since were making assumptions about each other my assumption is that you lost a girl in high school to a star athlete who smoked joints. Now he works at mcdonalds and all pot heads are the devil. Am I in the right neighborhood? Ah you wouldnt admit it anyway.

Angry Ram -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Angry Ram -

I know it could be harmful but so is alot of things, can't live ya life like a pansy boy. Get drunk smoke weed have a good time while you can i say, weed also makes me thousands of dollars a year and it's an amazing plant to grow, and very satisfying smoking your own high grade buds. 

You def have weed induced schizophrenia/psychosis. I would almost feel bad for you if you werent always such an abrasive douche. You Make thousands a year. Wow. You are such a high roller. I make thousands a week and I'm drug free and happy (simply "high" off my relationships with Jesus Christ and my family). but how Do you feel knowing that when you sell someone weed, you are contributing to that person being at very high risk of developing weed-induced mental illnessess. Sleep well on that fact

Jesus, ok that explains the other half of your madness, don't worry about me I now have no more interest in fuckin with you, now go proclaim the mystery of faith. 

CWTR is a top tier poster. I can only imagine his face when conor smoked with tyson. 

The Magician Longs to See - 

Again, "cause"

Causal link {or triggering} =/= standing cause. This is not black and white. It's even in the literature you quote.

"it's already clear that heavy cannabis use is linked to long-lasting cognitive problems, but only in a percentage of those who used pot during adolescence"

It's not a hard "cause". It's not suitable for everyone. Nothing is. Penicilin can save you, or kill you. There is no serious literature with a 1:1 equation for weed 'causing' schizophrenia as a blanket universal. To say it's an undeniable fact simply must be denied. 

Ya hoozers

that’s like saying drunk driving doesn’t cause car crashes because it doesn’t happen every time

FatBuddha -
The Magician Longs to See - 

Again, "cause"

Ya hoozers

that’s like saying drunk driving doesn’t cause car crashes because it doesn’t happen every time

… no it’s not.

Saying weed causes schizophrenia is like saying alcohol causes drunk driving. Well, yeah. Sure it does. If you fucking drive while drunk. It’s too blanket of a statement. It isn’t inherantly true. There is a prerequisite. You have to drive.

There is no evidence to show schizophrenia is caused by weed as a universal truth, which is what you are saying. Can it exacerbate it? Can it cause a chain of events to trigger it in people who are predisposed? The evidence points to yes. Can it create it out of thin air? Shit son, if you get enough weed to do that to you, you better be sharing it. 

He's clearly a bad drunk why blame pot?? 

Spunkchops -

He's clearly a bad drunk why blame pot?? 

Guaranteedreplies.jpg

Hmmm. Dana tweeted that Tony is going through a lot of personal issues right now

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/amp/2019/3/13/18264914/ufc-dana-white-personal-issues-preventing-tony-ferguson-from-fighting-mma?utm_campaign=mmamania&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Broke today. Wife filed a Restraining order.

What a piece of shit.

I hope if/when he fights again he gets his shit pushed in.

'“he kept throwing ‘holy water’ at her,” and his condition – redacted in the report – had been getting worse. He’d also refused to go to a hospital for an evaluation.'

Holy fuck, I hope he is ok. And the wife. 

I can’t help but feel Tony has referred to himself in third person during this time period.

The Magician Longs to See -

'“he kept throwing ‘holy water’ at her,” and his condition – redacted in the report – had been getting worse. He’d also refused to go to a hospital for an evaluation.'

Holy fuck, I hope he is ok. And the wife. 

Guesisng some sort of mental illness, most likely needs meds 

Sherdog was right....

Erik Apple -

Sherdog was right....

Got flamed for being a solid journalist lol