Amir Khan on the mitts

Getting ready for his title unification fight against Danny Garcia.

He looks very good indeed.

Have you seen the vid on fightnews of Wlad doing padwork?

He also looks good but I was even more impressed by 70 year old Manny Steward feeding the pads to him and bouncing round the ring.

I hadn't seen it Joe Ray. But Steward looks terrific for being almost 70, check out those guns:

Looks good, but pads don't hit back. Lol Khans good but not world class. Phone Post

^^^Lol what part of winning and defending world titles is not world class

That is cool that Stewart can still get in there and move around like that.

LordSeano - ^^^Lol what part of winning and defending world titles is not world class

World champ is different to world class. IMO Khan is good but has been looked after from early on . World class is the best at your weight for a while! Fight whoever whenever at your weight! Phone Post

^ and win! Phone Post

Spartan79 - 
LordSeano - ^^^Lol what part of winning and defending world titles is not world class
World champ is different to world class. IMO Khan is good but has been looked after from early on . World class is the best at your weight for a while! Fight whoever whenever at your weight! Phone Post

Dont be daft.

No-one considers 'world-class' to mean undisputed champ in a weight class.

and who has Khan been ducking at his weight?

Wins against Barrera, Malinaggi, Kotelnik, Maidana, Judah puts you in world class. Simple.

I suppose Froch is not world class because he only beat Abraham, Bute, Taylor, Pascal, Dirrel and Johnson but lost to Kessler (also not world class because he lost to Calzaghe) and Ward.

Which one is world class out of Floyd and Manny?

Guess it must be Floyd now Manny lost?

If you are a world champ you should fight the best that is out there . do you think Khan has? He pulled out of the ABAs to turn pro because IMO he would have been beaten. He is a world Champ has fought some good people . World class nah . Never will find out with manny and Floyd which I think was more Floyd not wanting to know. calzaghe was defo WORLD class he was undefeated and fought anyone! World class means you can fight the best in the world . Khan is not the best in the world at his weight! Good but not the best . He is also a good ambassador for the sport and done well I'm not knocking him but he isn't the best fact! Think you saw that last week unless there was some dodgy judging again lol ;-) Phone Post

Spartan79 - If you are a world champ you should fight the best that is out there . do you think Khan has? He pulled out of the ABAs to turn pro because IMO he would have been beaten. He is a world Champ has fought some good people . World class nah . Never will find out with manny and Floyd which I think was more Floyd not wanting to know. calzaghe was defo WORLD class he was undefeated and fought anyone! World class means you can fight the best in the world . Khan is not the best in the world at his weight! Good but not the best . He is also a good ambassador for the sport and done well I'm not knocking him but he isn't the best fact! Think you saw that last week unless there was some dodgy judging again lol ;-) Phone Post

I think you have a very strange interpretation of 'world class'.

I fundamentally disagree with you that there is only one world class fighter per weight category. That is just daft.

Also - Lol at Khan pulling out of the ABA's to turn pro for fear of getting beaten.

Nothing to do with the fact that he had just got Silver at the Olympics, beaten Kindelan in their rematch and had promoters beating down his door to sign with them?

Again who has Khan been ducking?

And double LOL at Manny and Floyd not being world class because they havent fought each other!!!!!

beaten Kindelan LOL really . Really ! Take the blinkers off . Think that may have been a thrown fight . Kindelan Would of been able to live as a king in Cuba after that prob still is . Stop going on about world class he's not the best that's the point im making. Phone Post

Ok let's say top five in the world are world class. Is Khan top five? Not quite IMO . You seem too be a big fan but sorry dude he's not the best! Manny and Floyld are world class. Here lies the problem with boxing too many titles not enough top teir fights . Should be one champ IMO if their is more than one champ then champ fights champ ASAP until we see who is top dog. Is khan top dog . No way! I remember watching Freddie talk about Khan on YouTube and talking about vacating the title so not to fight a guy (I forget who) maybe you know? Champ who ducks fights??? World class??? Nah, done now bud . ;-) Phone Post

No you are coming up with a ridiculous abitrary definition of 'world class' which consists of being the undefeated, undisputed champion at a weight.

You cant make arbitrary distinctions like Top 5 and even if you did - who do you have above him at 140? Ring has him top three even after the Garcia loss.

I am not a massive fan of Khan at all - he's an extremely talented fighter with questionable defensive skills.

But by your definition there are no world class fighters in any weight class as there are no unbeaten, undisputed champs.

You seem to be taking Khan's losses as 'proof' he isnt world class. Khan's wins are all the evidence you need to see he is world class.

According to your definitions the following fighters would not be considered world class as an example

Lennox Lewis
Muhammed Ali
Roberto Duran
Marvin Hagler
George Foreman
Mike Tyson
Joe Frazier
etc

and Im still waiting for the list of fighters Khan ducked (which is even more laughable had it not been the other way round prior to the Peterson fight)

Look khan just ain't that good can't cut it at the top. That's what I'm saying Khan ain't the best easy to understand for most ! Get of the whole world class thing already u made ur point but Khan still ain't that good! He will get found out more and more he has it all but a good chin. Yes he has displayed a better chin in recent fights but at the very top he's not good enough for world class fighters ! Let's just see where he goes from here. Btw are you his mum by any chance lol Phone Post

I'm really not gonna trail though YouTube looking for the interview where Roach is saying we would rather lose the title than fight that guy. In fact I'm going leave it with well done on your arguments for world class if I knew you were going to go that far into that statement I would of reworded! Lol is Khan world class to me No not IMO. Let's see where he goes from here and in a year I'll start a post was Khan world class lol ;-) Phone Post

khan is a very good fighter. he could bounce back from this loss and win his next 20. he's definitely world class

Win his next 20 ? Put a bet on that your get very good odds! Phone Post

Spartan79 - Win his next 20 ? Put a bet on that your get very good odds! Phone Post

He has the talent. Might need a new trainer. He's went as far as he can go with roach, get some defense oriented and reinvent himself Phone Post