Amir Khan picks Bisping to bounce back strongly

If anyone knows how to come back from a derailing defeat, its Amir Khan. He is one of the best fighters in the world and knows what he's talking about, and it's reassuring to see him predict Bisping to use Kang as his first step on the comeback trail.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/other_sports/s/1180417_ufc_ultimate_hero_khan

Khan inspiration

Khan is currently preparing at Freddie Roach's LA gym ahead of his first world title defence against Dmitri Salita in December.

As a result he won't be able to watch Bisping live in action at the MEN.

But he has no doubt the 30-year-old can emulate his own feat in proving there is a way back after defeat.

"I've been to see Mike fight before and I know he fights with a lot of confidence so coming back and regaining that confidence right away will be important.

"It does take mental strength to come back, you have to take a good long look at yourself and make adjustments. But it can be done.

"With the support of my team, family, friends and fans, I went from a bad loss to world champion in less than a year.

"Now Mike has the same mountain to climb, but I believe he can do it, too. At the level we compete at, one mistake can be the difference between a win and a bad loss. In his last fight Mike made the same mistake I did against Prescott, and paid the same heavy price.

"But I came back stronger for it, and I think he can, too."

Bisping followed his only other defeat, a split decision against Rashad Evans in 2007, with three straight wins until his career hit a road block again with the loss to Henderson.

He revealed that one day he hopes to get in the ring with Khan - but strictly to spar.

"I've been a big fan of Amir's since before the 2004 Olympics," he said. "I think he's great to watch, smart but aggressive.

"I'd love the chance to improve my boxing skills one day by training with him."

32Hunter - So do I.

Me too!

This is as poignant as anyone living in Manchester to pick Manchester United to win their next game.

Crooklyn - We had Brad Pickett on last night.  He picked Kang.

Boooo. I'm sure there's some ATT type connection that meant he felt he had to pick Kang.

yeah, a lot of people 'predicted' he'd kill dan henderson...

ROFL

explodingboy - 
Crooklyn - We had Brad Pickett on last night.  He picked Kang.

Boooo. I'm sure there's some ATT type connection that meant he felt he had to pick Kang.
Yeah, he said they were really good friends.

Interview is here: http://www.tapoutlive.com/media/7760/110209_TapouT_Radio_Brad_Pickett/

Brad slipping to Aussie accent when Redneck jumped in was hilarious.

Khan is fast but hes chin circumspect to say the least !
I bisping aint no good...he will get KTFO again just like Khan... as soon as they both take on anyone any good lol

I stopped reading after the part where it claimed Khan as one of the best in the world

bodybag76 - I stopped reading after the part where it claimed Khan as one of the best in the world

That was my bit in bold at the top, not part of the actual article itself. You should carry on because its a quality read.

I'd like to see Mike win, simply due to patriotism; but I've always been a fan of Kang and I think he'll sub Mike in R2

The Rat - 
Mrpedigree - Khan is fast but hes chin circumspect to say the least !
I bisping aint no good...he will get KTFO again just like Khan... as soon as they both take on anyone any good lol

I would point out to you that Khan just beat Kotelnik and Barrera but that probably wouldnt mean anything to you because youre a fucking moron.

Take your bullshit to a boxing forum and watch yourself get verbally assraped when you bring up slow, featherfisted, TAYLOR MADE kotelnik and the over the hill Barrera. Go ahead.. And while you're at it, explain to us the significance of his next fight vs another world beater in Salita. Maybe youre the one that should tone it down.

explodingboy - 
bodybag76 - I stopped reading after the part where it claimed Khan as one of the best in the world

That was my bit in bold at the top, not part of the actual article itself. You should carry on because its a quality read.

Ok then. I'll check it out

Hi Steph! How ya been???

bodybag76 - 
The Rat - 
Mrpedigree - Khan is fast but hes chin circumspect to say the least !

I would point out to you that Khan just beat Kotelnik and Barrera but that probably wouldnt mean anything to you because youre a fucking moron.

Take your bullshit to a boxing forum and watch yourself get verbally assraped when you bring up slow, featherfisted, TAYLOR MADE kotelnik and the over the hill Barrera. Go ahead.. And while you're at it, explain to us the significance of his next fight vs another world beater in Salita. Maybe youre the one that should tone it down.
owned

LMAO, anyone with a shred of common sense knew Barrera was shot and thats why they wanted that fight. Because Barrera had a name and didnt have much danger for Khan

His glass chin will be exposed again sooner or later

Crooklyn - By the way:

The boxing knowledge of Bodybag76 > the combined boxing knowledge of everyone on this thread including the guest of honor, Khan

hence the picture ;)

Defenestrator - Another explodingboy thread derailed and destroyed.

What the hell kind of foolish gibberish are you wittering on about this time? Nothing has been derailed nor destroyed.

How/where does Bisping match up well with Kang? Does he do anything better then him aside from stick n move maybe?

Bobby Lupo - 
Wasa-B - How/where does Bisping match up well with Kang? Does he do anything better then him aside from stick n move maybe?

That's all he's going to need to do. He's quicker and has better kickboxing and movement and that's what this fight will be: Bisping circling and sniping

This amuses me

Wasa-B - How/where does Bisping match up well with Kang? Does he do anything better then him aside from stick n move maybe?

Fortunately for you, my official prediction and analysis will be soon revealed, and you will be enlightened sooner rather than later.