Anderson does not care about winning

At this stage in his life, it’s clear that he is just doing it because he loves it and has no pressure to win at this stage of his career.  

Having said that, it’s actually shocking how competitive he was st that age.  If you rewatch the leben fight, you would have seen speed, reflexes and snap that Israel and the rest of the division would not handled.

question is, who should he fight in Brazil that would be fun too watch

Chael

Agreed, he’s just having a good time and putting on a show.

even though his recent record isn’t great, even at almost 44 he’s competitive with the elite, maybe finally do the gsp fight for his last one in Brazil 

PelosiesPanties - 

Once again 5rds was needed

nah

It’s incredible that he can be somewhat even with one of the divisions most promising prospects at his age. I think it also shows just how far beyond everybody else he was in his prime... light years. 

yep ^ 

He put on quite the show. Both did but man it was good while it lasted.

I actually don’t care he loses as long he puts in a creative effort like that. Not all fights have to be for rankings. Yep, just like in the Pride days. Anderson fighting like that can keep losing and still be a major draw $$$

KirkBJJ -

It’s incredible that he can be somewhat even with one of the divisions most promising prospects at his age. I think it also shows just how far beyond everybody else he was in his prime... light years. 

yep, a lot of people still don't understand how good this guy was.

The Immortal One -
KirkBJJ -

He’s the greatest ever. No one comes close. 

On paper, sure, GSP is likely the best. But watching Anderson is like nothing else.

Uhtred Ragnarson -
The Immortal One -
KirkBJJ -

He’s the greatest ever. No one comes close. 

On paper, sure, GSP is likely the best. But watching Anderson is like nothing else.

As an all around fighter, I think jones is the best. GSP too. But they never gave you the shocking moments that anderson was able to deliver.

On the feet, no one comes close to doing what anderson did. Dude looked untouchable on the feet for years.

KirkBJJ - 

Totally agree …

Great post!

The Immortal One - 
KirkBJJ -

I do!

I think he is the G.O.A.T.

He could have taken Israel out last night IMO. When he was applying pressure he was getting clean hits in but he was more about the showmanship.

As long as he isn’t getting knocked out or taking unnecessary damage it’s all good 

SKINS - 
KirkBJJ - 

Totally agree …

Great post!

This.

Anderson is the GOAT. Much respect. 

sockeye -

He could have taken Israel out last night IMO. When he was applying pressure he was getting clean hits in but he was more about the showmanship.

As long as he isn’t getting knocked out or taking unnecessary damage it’s all good 

It's annoying for me so see him fucking around and not going for the win

PelosiesPanties - 

Once again 5rds was needed

When judges score that fight 30-27, 5 rounds would be a mess.

Sprawl'n'Stall - He put on quite the show. Both did but man it was good while it lasted.

I actually don’t care he loses as long he puts in a creative effort like that. Not all fights have to be for rankings. Yep, just like in the Pride days. Anderson fighting like that can keep losing and still be a major draw $$$

Anderson almost just handing the fight over to Israel in the 3rd round bothered me though…Anderson threw 5 strikes in the 3rd round! What the fuck?! That took the steam out of an otherwise great fight

Erik Apple - 
sockeye -

It's annoying for me so see him fucking around and not going for the win

Agree! I want to see 2 fighters both trying their hardest to win! If you can’t knock your opponent out or submit, then try to out point him…this crap of basically showboating just to e terrain and not win is dumb…if he showboats in order to get in his opponents head, then I get it but he isn’t…