Anderson, Fedor and GSP...

It doesn't matter who the greatest of all time is.  It's all a matter of personal opinion.  As a fan of MMA, I'm glad I've had the opportunity to watch all three of them fight.

Anderson has an amazing streak going in the UFC and has some of the most spectacular fights and finishes I've ever witnessed.

Fedor ruled the HW division with an iron fist for 10 years, and beat the some of the best and most dangerous heavyweights at their own game.

GSP has dominated quite possibly the toughest division and has beaten THE best competition out of the three.

I consider it a privelege to watch these guys fight every chance I get to.  And FYI, I am a biased Anderson Silva fan, but I can appreciate the other two for what they've accomplished in the sport and I'll always watch them fight and be thankful for the experiences.

AndersonSilva

As long as Anderson is not having one of his 'episodes' then I agree completely.

BigWilliam - As long as Anderson is not having one of his 'episodes' then I agree completely.

I found his 'episode' against Maia entertaining lol.  I can see how most people wouldn't though.

"Fedor ruled the HW division with an iron fist for 10 years"

This is the only problem I have with your original post. I know it's been thoroughly discussed too.
Fedor did not dominate the division for 10 yrs. It was actually more like 6. It wasn't a decade, it was half a decade. GSP and Anderson have been dominating their respective divisions for just as long, if not longer, and fighting a higher level of competition.

Hopefully we don't see GSP or Anderson in the latter stages of their career fighting cans/non-conteners or dodging the UFC and tarnishing their legacy.

OP, you're an idiot!  How can someone enjoy watching all three fighters?!

Bill Pharoni - "Fedor ruled the HW division with an iron fist for 10 years"

This is the only problem I have with your original post. I know it's been thoroughly discussed too.
Fedor did not dominate the division for 10 yrs. It was actually more like 6. It wasn't a decade, it was half a decade. GSP and Anderson have been dominating their respective divisions for just as long, if not longer, and fighting a higher level of competition.

Counter point. It is easier to lose at HW. At 170 and at 185 you are dealing with some guys who can KO you and some who most likely will not. At HW, pretty much anyone can boom headshot anyone else.

A well intended thread that should have got more responses because it's the point of being a sports fan.

Today I would add Jon Jones, who I personally am not great fan of but appreciate his skills and greatness and that I get an opportunity to watch it happen along with the other three.

Thought it was gonna be Anderson, Fedor and GSP walk into a bar... Phone Post

ChaosOverkill - A well intended thread that should have got more responses because it's the point of being a sports fan.

Today I would add Jon Jones, who I personally am not great fan of but appreciate his skills and greatness and that I get an opportunity to watch it happen along with the other three.

Your post has moved me, kind sir. Phone Post

slugshot331 -

It doesn't matter who the greatest of all time is.  It's all a matter of personal opinion.  As a fan of MMA, I'm glad I've had the opportunity to watch all three of them fight.

Anderson has an amazing streak going in the UFC and has some of the most spectacular fights and finishes I've ever witnessed.

Fedor ruled the HW division with an iron fist for 10 years, and beat the some of the best and most dangerous heavyweights at their own game.

GSP has dominated quite possibly the toughest division and has beaten THE best competition out of the three.

I consider it a privelege to watch these guys fight every chance I get to.  And FYI, I am a biased Anderson Silva fan, but I can appreciate the other two for what they've accomplished in the sport and I'll always watch them fight and be thankful for the experiences.

Great post Phone Post

GSP no.1 though :D Phone Post

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - 
slugshot331 -

Great post Phone Post

What a thread!

Becoming bored with GSP's style as of late has not made me appreciate what he has done any less. 

They are ALL legends and ALL deserve respect. 

WAR MMA!

(thank god Jason banned Dr. MMA and Auzzie or this thread would already be ruined)

GSP is GOAT.

GSP is fighting in the deepest division in MMA and will fight the much bigger Silva.

Next is Anderson, most dominate MW champion ever and has fought a couple of guys above his weight class.

Fedor is third in line for now, but Jones may have already over taken him. Props for Fedor for fighting larger and much larger fighter than him most of his career. However, the HW division is MMA's weakest.

Entreri - GSP is GOAT.

GSP is fighting in the deepest division in MMA and will fight the much bigger Silva.

Next is Anderson, most dominate MW champion ever and has fought a couple of guys above his weight class.

Fedor is third in line for now, but Jones may have already over taken him. Props for Fedor for fighting larger and much larger fighter than him most of his career. However, the HW division is MMA's weakest.

Silva came in at 194 for the sonnen fight, GSP says he comes in to the octagon at ~190, anderson is barely 5 lbs over.

Entreri - GSP is GOAT.

Why am I not surprized you're trying to troll this appreciation thread up with this garbage.

They all all legends and all have a great case for the GOAT.

Show some respect!