Anderson Silva: "GSP and BJ Penn dont impress me"

Anderson is speaking the truth, not being cocky.

GSP didn't show any special ground or striking skills in his last fight. In fact, he looked kinda stiff to me.

he passed BJ Penn's guard like 7 times....what the fuck more could you ask for in the way of special ground skills?

i should note that this was said before the UFC 94 fight. They wanted his opinion on the upcoming match: Penn vs GSP.

"he passed BJ Penn's guard like 7 times....what the fuck more could you ask for in the way of special ground skills? "

A submission. Lots of bigger, stronger, more athletic fighters can pass BJ's guard, especially if they grease up well.

If you can't ask for more in a bigger fighter before you are impressed, then you have no business commenting on the issue.

"Anderson has never out grappled anyone what wasn't hurt from a strike in the first place. Thats the key to beating him. Just take him down, don;t make a mistake, and don't try to be an idiot and strike with him."

lol If it is that easy then why is the guy undefeated in the UFC?

GSP is the underdog against someone like Silva, but after his destruction of BJ Penn, GSP I think has the ability to defeat Silva. Just needs to take his stand up to another level to avoid getting Franklin'ed.

Silva doesn't need to many chances to finish a fight and unless GSP can pound him out on the ground, which is easier said than done, then he will have at least five chances.

Anderson Silva is a whole new animal. GSP is the big boy of his division. Moving up to face a 6'3" giant with speed, accuracy and power that he never faced in his division is basically the dumbest move GSP could make because he'd get clowned fast.

GSP is stiff. Anderson is fluid. Anderson is actually dangerous on the ground.

Jack Carter is just an angry BJ Penn fan that wants to see GSP lose.

lookoutawhale - Did anyone watch sportsnet Canada yesterday. The host (who posts here in the UG "Showdown Joe") interviewed Anderson Silva in studio about UFC 94.

He asked him about what he think makes GSP and BJ Penn great fighters. Anderson said nothing. He said he isnt impressed with them, hopefully joe can upload this interview onto his MMA show on sportsnet so I people see exactly what he said.

Joe seemed a little shocked after hearing the answer because he thought Anderson was going to say good things about both fighters and hype up the fight.

Is he really humble like people think or does he believe hes the greatest fighter in the world? When he was asked if GSP is one of the best p4p fighters in the world. He said no. Fedor? He said no. BJ he laughed and said maybe.

He doesnt seem to give other fighters props for being better than him for some reason. BJ and GSP have both said they admire Fedor and think hes the best.

I saw the interview........I like how you left out the first question in front of is GSP one of the best p4p fighters? is bj? ect..........Anderson was first asked if he(anderson himself) thought that he was one of the best p4p fighters and he also said no.

oh well, honesty is one thing, respect is another - he doesnt need to acknowledge others if he doesnt want to - hes def respectful but i think hes def got an attitude under there - no doubt about it

either way though, he would prob say that machida himself and nog are the p4p champs - so what?

Haulport - GSP would beat Anderson:

Takedown
GnP
Repeat...

Doubtful...GSP is to Anderson as BJ is to GSP.
Anderson looked large at 205 when he fought Irvin, he will absolutlely dwarf GSP. I think GSP could take him down, but I don't think he could hold him there like he does to the 170ers he fights. 170 is the perfect class for GSP as he can use his size advantage to help him with controlling from the top, that is his main offense, this wouldn't be possible with big 185ers like Hendo, Franklin, Marquardt...hell I even think Bisping would be too big for him.

fna - 
lookoutawhale - Did anyone watch sportsnet Canada yesterday. The host (who posts here in the UG "Showdown Joe") interviewed Anderson Silva in studio about UFC 94.

He asked him about what he think makes GSP and BJ Penn great fighters. Anderson said nothing. He said he isnt impressed with them, hopefully joe can upload this interview onto his MMA show on sportsnet so I people see exactly what he said.

Joe seemed a little shocked after hearing the answer because he thought Anderson was going to say good things about both fighters and hype up the fight.

Is he really humble like people think or does he believe hes the greatest fighter in the world? When he was asked if GSP is one of the best p4p fighters in the world. He said no. Fedor? He said no. BJ he laughed and said maybe.

He doesnt seem to give other fighters props for being better than him for some reason. BJ and GSP have both said they admire Fedor and think hes the best.

I saw the interview........I like how you left out the first question in front of is GSP one of the best p4p fighters? is bj? ect..........Anderson was first asked if he(anderson himself) thought that he was one of the best p4p fighters and he also said no.

has any fighter ever said they are the best?

bj said hes not the best. gsp said hes not the best. But when you ask them who is, they give an answer. They dont go im not the best, but no one else is either.

WTF is with these threads lately picking fighters apart. 

Posted: 1 minute ago
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up

This bullshit about Anderson being a "class act" is just that....BULLSHIT!

The guy is slowly exposing himself to be a disrespectful scumbag.

"bj said hes not the best."

LOL. In Hawaii before the fight he was with GSP at a conference in front of a lot of people. GSP said he wants to fight the best and said he felt BJ was the best.

BJ responded saying "I agree with GSP, I am the best."

You have no idea WTF you're talking about you stupid noob.

"bj said hes not the best. gsp said hes not the best. But when you ask them who is, they give an answer. They dont go im not the best, but no one else is either."

LOL. Oh please shut the fuck up. YOu have no idea WTF you're talking about

Jack Carter - "bj said hes not the best."

LOL. In Hawaii before the fight he was with GSP at a conference in front of a lot of people. GSP said he wants to fight the best and said he felt BJ was the best.

BJ responded saying "I agree with GSP, I am the best."

You have no idea WTF you're talking about you stupid noob.

"bj said hes not the best. gsp said hes not the best. But when you ask them who is, they give an answer. They dont go im not the best, but no one else is either."

LOL. Oh please shut the fuck up. YOu have no idea WTF you're talking about

bj was joking, the crowd laughed. he has given gsp that respect. gsp has returned the offer.

After 40 000 posts maybe you should get off the computer sometime and give your chair a much needed rest.

orcus - "blah blah blah i hate fedor

you know when Fedor beat TK and Nog Anderson was losing to Takase and Chonan?

"you know when Fedor beat TK and Nog Anderson was losing to Takase and Chonan?"

That's great. You wouldn't have seen me arguing Anderson's case back then -- in fact I picked him to lose to Leben -- and had a ten page argument with EvilYoshida where I insisted Fedor was p4p best.

Times change.

GSP has the tools to beat Anderson, but I don't think those tools are big or strong enough. Anderson is just to big, fast, and skilled. I'm not a bettin man, but I would put my money on Anderson. GSP uses his size and strength in just about every fight, but he doesn't have those advantages in this match up. After saying this, I would love to see this fight.