Anderson Silva: I have not taken any PEDs

CindyO - How are these PEDs administered?Creams? Needles? Pills? Man 'O man I want to believe him.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

Needles

JimmersonzGlove - 
ChaosOverkill -

"We don't even know what steroids look like down here, are they like b12 shots or something?"

LOL!!!!!!!!! Phone Post 3.0

Thats his right hand man who has him all loaded up with the juice not gin

kevsh - Peculiar things about this:

- If two other members of his team have already been caught, why on earth would Anderson continue using? Clearly someone is not doing it right (i.e. the doctor(s)), so why would he think that he'll somehow get away with it when the others didn't?

- If Silva intended this to be his last fight why take the risk? He's gone this far in his career without ever even being suspected so what would he really have to gain by taking 'roids now (or continuing to take them)?

- Regardless, the one thing that never, ever happens when an athlete claims innocence is that he/she sues the doctor responsible. Which of course, would be the first thing a truly innocent athlete would do. A guilty one won't because then it all has to come out in court - and the doctor will virtually cement the case for the public that the athlete was aware.

I know it's not that simple, but if it comes out it's the doctors fault and Anderson doesn't go after him then I think it's safe to say Silva knew exactly what was going on.

- For something that has a detection time of three weeks, and him having the knowledge of the random testing, he had to have thought for some reason whatever the test he'd have come up negative. Money changing hands, favours on the inside, etc.

- It's better now than at any other time. He's done fighting, no real ban to serve, no sponsorships that he'd lose out on his next fights, etc.

GSDbestbreed - 
CindyO - ^^^ Could peds have been a part of his regimen that he was unaware of, like honestly?

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

The short answer: No

The long answer: No

Anderson is a professional athlete. He knows exactly what he, his Doctor, and trainers are putting into HIS body. To think otherwise, is obtuse.

Have you ever been to a Dr. and received a prescription? I'm sure you have. How many times has that Dr. Said here "take this" and that was the end of the dialogue? I'm gonna say never.

Had there been a Dr. Who was so flippant about handing out meds without explaining what exactly it is you're about to take, I'm sure you, or anyone else with more than 2 brain cells would ask "what drug is this" why am I taking It? What does it do? How long should I take it? Etc.

Anderson is full of shit if he says he didn't know what he was taking. And that fucking sucks, because I'm a huge fan. When these guys get popped, I wish they would fall on their sword and own the shit.

People will forgive a mistake, but people rarely forgive liars. Especially when they keep perpetuating the same lie over and over. It defies logic to think he did not know he was taking 2 types of PED's.

Good post

CapnKindBud - I never heard a Brazilian admit it yet.
Sorry but tests don't lie. One test maybe : two tests,,,,, come on man . Phone Post 3.0
He's only failed one test so far. Post fight test has not returned yet. Phone Post 3.0

eljamaiquino - 
Sorry but tests don't lie. One test maybe : two tests,,,,, come on man . Phone Post 3.0
He's only failed one test so far. Post fight test has not returned yet. Phone Post 3.0

That doesn't matter. A fail is a fail no matter what else happens.

StrikingMMA -
eljamaiquino - 

I'm not very in the know on these things.....but is there any way he really could be innocent? I see everyone has basically written him off as a cheater who won't admit it but is there any scenario where this could not be his fault? Seems shitty he would risk it after all these years of testing clean. Phone Post 3.0

TheAxeMurderer84 - 
StrikingMMA -
eljamaiquino - 

I'm not very in the know on these things.....but is there any way he really could be innocent? I see everyone has basically written him off as a cheater who won't admit it but is there any scenario where this could not be his fault? Seems shitty he would risk it after all these years of testing clean. Phone Post 3.0

if there is a way to clear Silva's name i hope it happens but at it stands i think this was his first random drug test. he didn't get randomly tested for both weidman fights and the last fight prior to that was in 2012 which is where random drug testing started to pick up i think

Right Hand JO Power - "I have never taken PEDs" said everyone that has ever failed a test. Phone Post 3.0

Tim Sylvia handed his belt back to the ufc, told them, yes he cheated and that he will be back for his belt.

I believe Anderson as much as I believe everyone else who has no idea how they ended up with PEDs in their bodies.

Like others are saying, I would lose less respect for him if he admitted it.

deny, deny, deny

rinse, repeat

Thiago silva admitted it Phone Post 3.0

I did it for the rock Phone Post 3.0

"- If two other members of his team have already been caught, why on earth would Anderson continue using? Clearly someone is not doing it right (i.e. the doctor(s)), so why would he think that he'll somehow get away with it when the others didn't?"

maybe because the others members of his team have gotten away with using just fine?

he full of shit and beeeeeeeen takin them Thats why when they did the show on his house he didnt relize the steroids were on camera He had the steroids on plane site on cameraONly reason to take what he had was for cheating or a diabeticGo see the other thread and that was years ago ,

... and Bill Clinton did not have sexual relations with that woman Phone Post 3.0

Sad to see his legacy destroyed. But he did it to himself. If he came out and just said "I made a one time mistake. I was trying to make sure I wasn't suffering any lingering effects from the injury. I apologize to everyone who believed in me." People would still support him. But in 6 months people will love him. If there is any doubt of that look at Vitor. Phone Post 3.0

eljamaiquino -
Don't they do an automatic test of the b sample if the a is positive? Phone Post 3.0

JonnyW -
Right Hand JO Power - "I have never taken PEDs" said everyone that has ever failed a test. Phone Post 3.0

Tim Sylvia handed his belt back to the ufc, told them, yes he cheated and that he will be back for his belt.

I have mad respect to Tim for that too. I can't think of anyone else in MMA who has owned it. Phone Post 3.0

GSDbestbreed -
CindyO - ^^^ Could peds have been a part of his regimen that he was unaware of, like honestly?

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

The short answer: No

The long answer: No

Anderson is a professional athlete. He knows exactly what he, his Doctor, and trainers are putting into HIS body. To think otherwise, is obtuse.

Have you ever been to a Dr. and received a prescription? I'm sure you have. How many times has that Dr. Said here "take this" and that was the end of the dialogue? I'm gonna say never.

Had there been a Dr. Who was so flippant about handing out meds without explaining what exactly it is you're about to take, I'm sure you, or anyone else with more than 2 brain cells would ask "what drug is this" why am I taking It? What does it do? How long should I take it? Etc.

Anderson is full of shit if he says he didn't know what he was taking. And that fucking sucks, because I'm a huge fan. When these guys get popped, I wish they would fall on their sword and own the shit.

People will forgive a mistake, but people rarely forgive liars. Especially when they keep perpetuating the same lie over and over. It defies logic to think he did not know he was taking 2 types of PED's.
I suppose you're right. My mind is changed:(

Cindy Phone Post 3.0