Anderson Silva is the true combat sports GOAT

Except Ryo Chonan was in many eyes beating Silva before he finished him & made him scream.

I disagree with OP. Maybe I’ll come argue about it later. I think he was a crappy champ to have in the second half of his reign, in part because he wanted nothing to do with fighting legit MW contenders anymore. Everytime there was an obvious title fight to be made he dragged shit out, made it take forever, asking for GSP, etc. He held the MW division up alot to get more fights he could look Matrixy in lol.

Even Dana was bitching “everytime we try to set up a title fight, he wants fucking Mighty Mouse” in interviews lol.

Hell Anderson kept saying Weidman didn’t deserve to fight him and “it should be Cung Le”. That pretty much tells you where he was at with it at that point lol. Weidman was literally the only reasonable option and Anderson is trying to get a non contender who had recently been nearly killed by the ghost of Wand.

Nvm intentionally ruining fights because his feelings were hurt (Maia, etc). He’s one of the few champs/goats with the distinction of a frustrated boss publicly talking about putting him on the undercard for wasting everyone’s time.

I do feel he was one of the best fighters to do it but you can’t be GOAT of GOATS if you were a shitty champ imo.

1 Like

Wow I did more arguing than I expected when I started typing haha

Typical if you. The mam presents stats and facts to backnup his claim and you reply with the standard “u mad” defense. Smh.

Its not #2. The top contender is the #1 ranked challenger. Champ is never ranked #1. Either way. You dont earn rankings by dominating a fight untilnyou get submitted. Thats not how it works.

Its an mma discussion forum. He’s discussing mma. Looks like YOU’RE the one getting emotional.

You sure do have a lot to say about something so unimportant.

Good point about dragging things out with GSP. He went up in wright for fights with Irvin, Forrest, etc. But he wanted no part of Jon Jones. Very hypocritical.

Silva had an injury during his first fight with Chael, that’s why the fight was as close as it was. In his 2nd fight with Chael, Silva was healthy and he won the fight handily.

Silva was never offered a fight with Jon Jones. Had the fight been offered, he would have gladly accepted and beaten Jon Jones.

Shitty champion??? You must have missed Silva utterly destroy Forrest Griffin.

There are rankings, it’s not an opinion

Why cant you just admit you are misremembering? Or keep throwing a temper tantrum

2 Likes

He was never offered a fight with GSP either but he sure he kept talking about it and still does.

That fight was not for any title or championship. Silva picked and chose the opponents he felt comforatable moving up in weight against.

1 Like

Bologna.
Both said multiple times they wouldn’t fight each other.
And Bones would’ve beat him fairly easily.

Let’s not forget the truth of the Brunson fight.

1 Like

Wrong. Dana brought it up multiple times. Why do you think Silva said he didnt want to fight Jones if it was never offered? Jon was just being polite. Just like he said he would never fight Rashad…until he got the offer.

So Jones wouldn’t have fought Silva either? Interesting. Probably because he knew he would lose to the greatest of all time.

laugh hysterically laughing GIF by NetCologne

1 Like

Please leave Fedor out of this discussion.

We’re talking about a runner-up & the Alexander Emelianenko of the UFC LHW division.

This made no sense.
Can you deconstruct this?

It wasn’t just Bones, who when asked about, Anderson literally said “I would rather fight GSP, I’ll get hit less”.

A matchup with Shogun was also being pushed or asked about at one point and Anderson wanted no part of that either. When asked about 205ers this fucking guy also said “I am the MW champion. THIS is my weight class. I want to fight GSP”.

But yes, of course he was all too happy to jump weight classes for a slow, sloppy striker who lacked KO power that he was practically guaranteed to look good against before he was forced to defend his title against a Chael or a Weidman. But ask him about any 205er that could hit and he basically said “fuck outta here with that shit, gimme GSP”.

Again, one of the best fighters I’ve seen…but not nearly as courageous and fearless as his fans give him credit for. Definitely not an “anyone, anytime” type like some other guys were.

And he was naturally larger than Fedor. :wink: