Anderson Silva is the true combat sports GOAT

GOAT striker without question

3 Likes

The primary reason he was such a great striker is because of his boxing fundamentals

1 Like

At no point in any of the three recent boxing matches Anderson has had, did he look like he was putting in more than 40 percent effort

1 Like

Silva is my GOAT but I would argue that Anderson was the lucky one in his first fight against Chael.

There is nothing lucky about kicking someoneā€™s ass for over 20 minutes. Give Chael his due.

1 Like

Have not read thread, but yesā€¦ Anderson is the goat of his decade.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t call either of them lucky. TRT Chael was a beast and he beat the shit outta Silva. But Silva is a legendary BB in BJJ and pulled off the late fight submission to get the win

3 Likes

How is complete domination of 95% of a fight lucky, itā€™s not like it was a 2 minute fight

That was not trt chael, that was straight roids and he got suspended for it

1 Like

So Chael had to cheat to hang with Silva and he still lost? That proves without a doubt that Silva is GOAT.

Chael was the clear number two guy in that division for years and would have easily been champ had it not been for Anderson. It was like a Colby/Kamaru situation.

1 Like

Kind of like Rich Franklin until Anderson Silva arrived and took his title.

1 Like

Talk about revising history dude had a losing record in the UFC And was only there for 4 years

Yup! Much bigger skill gap though lol

He had one UFC loss going into the first Anderson fight and then won two straight to get a rematch. From 2009 - 2012 ish he was the clear number two guy at 185.

I never said he had a winning record and I never said he was in the UFC for more than four years. The only one revising history is you

2009: 2-1
2010: 1-1
2011: 1-0
2012: 0-1

When the fuck was he clear cut #2? Maybe for 10 minutes until he popped for roids after the first Silva fight

You are 100% revising history if anyone was clear cut #2 itā€™s vitor Belfort who was 6-1 in the same time period

1 Like

Yea thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying. That was his bread and butter. Anderson use to use his Muay Thai more, when he fought Franklin and Leben it showcased

1 Like

Youā€™re getting emotional.

So you donā€™t think he was the clear number two guy when he dominated Anderson for five rounds, and was seconds away from securing the belt before getting submitted. Thatā€™s a clear number two if Iā€™ve ever seen it.

You disagree. Cool. Who gives a shit. The world doesnā€™t revolve around you. Youā€™re allowed to have a different opinion but if you wanna be a dick about it then just carry on. Itā€™s not that important to me.

ā€œFor yearsā€ is what you said

And no I still donā€™t because he popped for roids the next day, youā€™ve got no argument so now Iā€™m emotional

His knees were truly something to behold, Andersonā€™s Thai plum was like a fucking cobra death grip

2 Likes

Thatā€™s my opinion. Are you gonna tell me my subjective opinion is wrong? Your opinion is that Belfort was number two. Thatā€™s cool. Like I said, I donā€™t give a shit.

You were aggressive right off the bat telling me Iā€™m ā€œrevising historyā€. I never gave any facts or numbers in my reply, just my opinion. Letā€™s be real. You clearly had an agenda and executed it the moment you decided to quote me.

You are emotional. Itā€™s clear as day. And the moment I gave back to you what you dished out, you got pissed off. You seem to be hell bent on convincing me that Vitor was number two. The difference with me is Iā€™m not trying to convince anyone of anything cause I couldnā€™t care less what you think. You can think Denis Kang was the consensus p4p at 185 when he was in the UFC for all I care. I donā€™t really care, and I donā€™t need an ā€œargumentā€.

You can think whatever you wanna think. Iā€™ll live.