Anderson Silva should have been the first true Champ-Champ in UFC history, not Conman McTapper

Lol casual

Wish we could have seen him against Machida, Shogun and Rampage.

Already said, but Aldo wanted to move up and challenge but was refused.

I hate all this champ champ shit, anyway. It just holds up two divisions instead of one and creates all these interim belts.

I prefer champs like Silva, DJ, GSP, and Jones. It’s harder to dominate for years.

1 Like

Fedor in his time was the GOAT, it fueled the whole UFC/Pride debate and generated enormous interest.
GSP was a dominant champion and for a long time was considered at the top
Silva dominated like was never seen before, he was a true champ-champ
That doesn’t take anything away from GSP or Fedor

2 Likes

McGregor will be remembered as a stain in MMA history. The UFC self sacrificing itself and MMA with it for an average MMA fighter who spit some nonsense on the mic.

2 Likes

Yeah…im sure Dana will look back at this era in 20 years and shake his head

Wasn’t talking about Dana. I am sure there are people of interest who look back at WWII fondly.

McGregor era was fuckin awesome and his fights had huge buzz…anyone that disagrees is full of shit

1 Like

Great analogy you fuckin retard

Sure. I ain’t into Buzz and I was referring more to the long term consequences of the McGregor era, not the dopamine rush he provided for some over a couple of years.

At end of day, he turned out to be exactly what we thought - a very limited fighter who was handpicked fights to help UFC reach mainstream.

LMAO@this. Anderson was offered TONS of opportunities to do just that. The problem was, Anderson just wasn’t that guy.

He would move up and face a slow, sloppy brawler with no power like Forrest or Bonnar but everytime it was a Shogun/Machida/Rampage/Jones he was all “No. I am the 185 champion. This is my division. I want to fight GSP”.

Hell, I presume most of you don’t remember what a struggle or slog it was to get Andy to defend his title against anyone worth a damn. He was trying to worm his way out of the Weidman fight saying “He doesn’t deserve it, it should be CUNG LE”.

Like I said, Anderson just wasn’t that guy when it came to matchmaking. Not even close. He didn’t even pretend he was, but his fans did and still do.

“No, I’m not going to fight at 205 again, I fought at 205 to save the event. I fight at 185 pounds. I was just doing this to save the event and put on a show for everybody. After Saturday, my focus will be Georges St. Pierre”

-Anderson Silva

Didn’t like it? lol. No need to lash out kiddo. Let’s keep it mature and professional…

Let me give you another example that you will hopefully be less emotional about. Lebron James (though McRegor ain’t a Lebron counterpart, far from it) one of the best to play basketball. He provided some of the best moments in NBA in the past 15 years. Yet, his “taking my talents to Miami” and “player rights” triumphs damaged the quality of the product to the point that the NBA is nearly irrelevant to basketball fans (rather than celebrity fans).

Nobody disagrees. We just need you to tell him his era been over.

1 Like

Ive been saying that for years. And Dana wouldn’t let Andy box Roy Jones Jr either.
It would have been “the big show”, but Dana held Andy back.
Still breaks my heart to this day.

2 Likes

Roy Jones would have fucked Andersons shit up back when they were talking about that fight

1 Like

Weidman? No. Jones? FUCK NO. I fight at 185. We want GSP or a Diaz bro, lol.

Did the same with Chael and others too. Pissed he had to fight Maia…so didn’t, lol. Much like fanboys don’t even seem to notice that Jon Jones cheated his way through his entire career, nobody ever seemed to even recognize or acknowledge the way that Anderson used to spend months holding up fights while trying to squirm out of every tough matchup possible. Until he could get a Forrest or Bonnar to get a “Matrix” moment against while putting off riskier fights with his title on the line.

He didn’t have the mental fortitude to be champ-champ…unless it was 170/185…then sure, he was down af for that lmao.

And bigger than real GOATS like Fedor.

1 Like

This moment lives rent free in my head

Anderson’s performance against forrest griffin was the single greatest performance in UFC history

IMG_1596

1 Like

Barry reading this part

See the posts above.

Silva would have never stepped in there with prime Rampage, lol.

He would have been like “no, I fight at 185, this is my division. I want to fight GSP or BJ Penn”.

Then a thousand man children on the UG would have found a way to praise him for that. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

How can you say that when he fought at 205 three times and won by first round KO each time?

He KO’d forrest in the first round. Forrest upset rampage. So why would Silva be afraid of him

1 Like