Anderson Silva should have been the first true Champ-Champ in UFC history, not Conman McTapper

When Anderson Silva was the champion he was truly the greatest fighter in the world. It wasn’t GSP. It wasn’t Jose Aldo. And it was not Fedor. It was the Spider :spider: But for some reason he was never given the opportunity to fight the LHW division champ even after KO’in forrest griffin in the first round. Never forget Joe rogans words during that fight “I think he really is trying to send a message here” talking about the rest of the fighters at LHW

His legendary title reign was from Oct. 2006 to July 2013. During that time he had 11 title defenses (should have been 12, fuck you travis lutter) and 3 first round KOs in the LHW division. One of those was against former LHW champ Forrest Griffin

Nowadays you get fighters getting champ-champ opportunities all the fucking time. Conman. DC. Volk. Nunes. Etc.

Anderson Silva should have been given that opportunity. During his title reign the LHW division was a turn style of belt holders.

During Silva’s reign at MW, the list of LHW champs goes; Chuck Liddell, Rampage Jackson, Forrest griffin, Rashad Evans, Lyoto Machida, Shogun Rua. Jon Jones

Chuck was only champ till late December of ‘06 so then fighting for the 205 belt would not have made sense at the time

But after that Silva should have been able to fight any one of those LHW champs.

Silva would clown Rampage Jackson. Rampage didn’t have the fight IQ or technical ability to deal with a fighter or Silva’s ability.

We all saw how Silva v. Griffin went… ‘nuff said

Silva v. Rashad evans woulda been a super interesting fight. Rashad was quick as fuck and had a good mixture of wresting with striking but let’s be real… he’s not beating Anderson. He gets caught on the feet eventually or submitted on the ground. Silva was just too good

Silva v. Machida… who the fuck even knows how that fight goes. Probably would have been a snoozefest. They wouldn’t have fought anyway so moot point

Silva v. Shogun now this is the part where I sprout a chubby in my air jordan shorts. This was always a dream fight of mine. The aggressive and bashful shogun Rua v. the perfect counter striker Anderson Silva. At this point in their careers I’d undoubtedly favor Silva to beat the piss out of shogun. His counter striking was just perfection and he would have licked Rua apart who was a very very aggressive striker.

Silva v. Jones… at that point I’d probably favor Silva since he was the goat and the vet and JBJ was just a kid so that fight would not have made sense at the time

Regardless, Anderson Silva should have been the first fighter in UFC history to hold two belts at the same time. Conor never deserved his title shot at LW. He was gifted a fight with Eddie and since then he’s 1-3 in the division. Fuck him

12 Likes

1 Like

I agree, it’s easy to shit on him now but he’s top 3 all time. Easily could have held both belts for years.

6 Likes

He wouldnt go up when Jones was champ. He knew he didnt want any of that smoke.

5 Likes

He’d have lost to Jon Jones but could have handled the rest of the division before that.

3 Likes

He should’ve been, and he could’ve been, but he didn’t. He wanted to go down in weight instead of up. He used to call out GSP.

That might be the biggest missed fight in MMA history.

8 Likes

Maybe casual would get deluded and would pay to watch conor over silva
But not a hardcore ufc fan
silva was special to watch, nothing comes close, doesnt matter how much weight classes

And conor was gifted those belts with the right opponents, not saying he didnt KO aldo in 13sec but he had easer way

2 Likes

It is. But it’s Dana’s and Anderson’s fault

Remember at ufc 112 during Silva’s walkout joe rogan let it slip that if Silva beat Damian Maia him and George’s were gonna have a super fight. But then Anderson fought like a jackass and pissed everyone off so dana scrapped that fight

Such a missed opportunity

He stated he didn’t want the title fight at 205 because Machida was there, said it several times.

6 Likes

Aldo was not allowed to keep his FW belt if he was to fight Pettis for the LW title.

5 Likes

Fuck I forgot all about that. That would have been a hell of a fight

1 Like

I thought Aldo was too small and in retrospect he really was not a big FW at all but seeing how Pettis lacked depth in his hands, I think it woulda been a helluva fight indeed. Aldo’s hands weren’t yet in peak form I remember at that time tho.

1 Like

Yeah. Aldo finished his career at 135. Who woulda ever thought that would happen

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

I stopped reading here

Your hazy memory is failing you, bro.
The Silva GSP fight didn’t happen because GSP didn’t want it.
Dana White has confirmed that in the last couple of years and while one should never believe what the egg says, GSP himself has confirmed that he wouldn’t take the fight unless his pay was upp’d for the higher risk (his words)., and that UFC refused to do that.

Neiher Silva, White, or GSP has ever said the fight was going to happen but didn’t because of the Maia fight being awful.

Conor was always just a pale imitation of a real striker and mixed martial artist like Silva.

1 Like

And Lil Nog also. But if Shogun would had beat Jones, he would have fight him for sure.

1 Like

Your loss

No, actually I don’t remember.