Anderson Silva Vs GSP

If there is still any hope of this happening, it needs to happen. Its always been the super fight that actually made sense, and the fight I've always wanted more than anything. They are close enough in size to fight, but Georges was so dominant he was naturally hesitant. Now that neither are champion and Georges is looking to be over 200 lbs.... can we make this happen next year??

I always hated when everyone started saying they wanted Jones/Silva more and took a lot of this fight's momentum... how did that ever make sense? Especially when a lot of people were saying Weidman was going to beat Silva around that time anyway Phone Post 3.0

Naw. Don't wanna see it. Anderson should retire, GSPs heart and mind arent in it and theres a huge size disparity Phone Post 3.0

This could have happened a long time ago, but GSP was worried about taking the loss. Same with Silva vs Jones- Anderson knew that much up was a bad one for him, so he wisely dodged it like Neo being shot at by Agent Smith in the Matrix.

People always want to see the champion go up to fight the champion of the weight class above him. No one thinks Dillashaw should call out Mighty Mouse, or that Weidman should go after Hendricks (he even said he would never, but that he'd love to fight Jones).

It won't have the luster it would have if it had happened years ago, but people would still be excited to see Silva vs GSP. Chuck didn't get to fight Wanderlei when they both had momentum either, but when that fight finally did happen it was one of the greatest fights of all time. So there's still hope for something special- imagine if they had it in a stadium in Canada or Brazil- the place would be defeaning!! Phone Post 3.0

Madrugadao - I am GSP fan but I would lose a little respect for him if he took that fight now.

There was a time when they were the two most dominant champs and fought at only 15lbs apart, it made a certain amount of sense then. GSP never wanted it (Don't blame him). To take it now, when Anderson is clearly past his best, does not look good.
I disagree, because St. Pierre got roughed up his last fight (one most everyone believes should have been scored a loss) and he's coming back from yet another knee surgery. The last time he did that, Condit nearly took his head off. Phone Post 3.0

Elias Cepeda - Naw. Don't wanna see it. Anderson should retire, GSPs heart and mind arent in it and theres a huge size disparity Phone Post 3.0
No bigger size disparity then when BJ Penn stepped up to fight GSP.

Just Scrap Phone Post 3.0

Elias Cepeda - Naw. Don't wanna see it. Anderson should retire, GSPs heart and mind arent in it and theres a huge size disparity Phone Post 3.0

Look at the size difference between some of the heavyweights.

Randy Vs Sylvia

Cain vs anyone

Lesnar Vs Mir 1

Fedor Vs Werdum

We have seen that size rarely makes the difference in the deciding factor.

Now reach is a different story and Silva, and Jones are two of the best at using those long limbs.
I would have loved for them to fight 3 years ago, but in hindsight it probably would have turned out just like Silva Vs Sonnen 1.

I think Silva still has a few fights left in him, Weidman is just a bad matchup for him, and should not be the how he leaves MMA. let him go out and scrap with Nick Diaz in Brazil for his last fight, he deserves and has earned to have his last fight there.

TheEmperorRises - 
Elias Cepeda - Naw. Don't wanna see it. Anderson should retire, GSPs heart and mind arent in it and theres a huge size disparity Phone Post 3.0

BJ Penn has more guts than anyone, and I'll never argue against that. Love me some Penn.

That said, yes, quite a bit more size disparity than that matchup. 

Elias Cepeda - 
TheEmperorRises - 

BJ Penn has more guts than anyone, and I'll never argue against that. Love me some Penn.

Ok.

But not anymore then when Bj fought Lyoto Machida then.

Point being (and being a fellow BJ Penn fan, I'm sure you'll agree) is that even if GSP didn't win against Anderson Silva, he'd win everyone's respect for the attempt.

His legacy is already set- why not go for it? He has nothing to lose and everything to gain at this point.

TheEmperorRises -
Elias Cepeda - 
TheEmperorRises - 

Ok.

But not anymore then when Bj fought Lyoto Machida then.

Point being (and being a fellow BJ Penn fan, I'm sure you'll agree) is that even if GSP didn't win against Anderson Silva, he'd win everyone's respect for the attempt.

His legacy is already set- why not go for it? He has nothing to lose and everything to gain at this point.
Yeah, BJ def took.risks gsp and everyone else was afraid to. Agreed.

I.felt the way you seem to up until St Pierre walked away. Like I said, his mind and heart are not in it and that's no state to fight in. But otherwise and before, yeah I always wanted to see that fight Phone Post 3.0

FlyingSomethingOrAnotherPlata - 
Elias Cepeda - Naw. Don't wanna see it. Anderson should retire, GSPs heart and mind arent in it and theres a huge size disparity Phone Post 3.0

Look at the size difference between some of the heavyweights.

Randy Vs Sylvia

Cain vs anyone

Lesnar Vs Mir 1

Fedor Vs Werdum

We have seen that size rarely makes the difference in the deciding factor.

Now reach is a different story and Silva, and Jones are two of the best at using those long limbs.
I would have loved for them to fight 3 years ago, but in hindsight it probably would have turned out just like Silva Vs Sonnen 1.

I think Silva still has a few fights left in him, Weidman is just a bad matchup for him, and should not be the how he leaves MMA. let him go out and scrap with Nick Diaz in Brazil for his last fight, he deserves and has earned to have his last fight there.

Size disparity is important in lower divisions due to skill.

Heavyweights are much less skilled than other divisions, worse cardio, and some of them carry a decent amount of fat as well.

I would watch it but I'd rather they both stayed retired.

I think GSP would win a boring decision. Phone Post 3.0