Anderson Silva's MMA Mount Rushmore may surprise you

Introduced a totally new unseen dominant style of fighting which was effective.

lol you almost got me

Pics for the lazy fucks like me who don’t want to click a link and read an article.

Royce
Fedor
Sak
BJ

1 Like

Frank or BJ^^^

What? No Scott Blevins? Rocky Gracie out of the Main Gracie Academy in Virginia is going to have a thing or two to say about this.

Royce Gracie
Fedor Emelianenko
GSP
Anderson Silva

Not up for debate!

4 Likes

100% agree with this. But I can see the argument against Silva.

If the Rushmore is supposed to be people who were innovative or impactful for things to come, it should be

Royce Gracie
Dan Severn
Marco Ruas
Maurice Smith

WRONG…It’s only these type of steroids.

Prednisone and other corticosteroids

Not Testosterone and other PED’s.

1 Like

So when we look at MMA as basically encompanying grappling, wrestling, and bjj these guys stand out. Royce obv the first to showcase the ground and submissions. Severn was the first successful amateur wrestler. Maurice Smith was the first high level striker that learned enough grappling to have success.

Putting it all together is Ruas. First guy that could strike grapplers and takedown strikers. First guy to use leg kicks. Had some wrestling ability, had a guard, had submissions. The prototype for modern MMA.

Nothing surprising against his list… he’s long put BJ on a pedestal. Lots of people pick Royce because of his pioneer status. He picked Big Nog because of his friendship so that’s basically a throwaway. And Khabib well that’s understandable.

But he’s the perfect example why fighters are no better than fans when picking fights and the best fighters. They let their own biases and relationships cloud their vision.

2 Likes

Get the fuck out of here with Amanda Nunes

2 Likes

The founding fathers? Should be Art Davie, Egg and the Fertitas

thats why its Andersons Mt. Rushmore and not yours.

nothing but dumb fucks around here.

exactly, and all the fuck-knobs on here are taking it like andersons opinion is a slight against their fandom.

losers.

Noguira was the best fighter for a period of time before Fedor and was a big deal at the time, Silva puts him on the list bcs he’s his master and best friend, if Fedor was his best friend and master he may have made his list

No, I never said Mino was better than Fedor. But he is still underrated. Royce should be on there though

You sound like a tough guy. Want to fight?

I tried to be nice but he has brought the monster out inside of me!