Andre Ward in ring demonstration

BadDog -
martinburke -
Chappie - I agree with you, I love to watch GGG fight as well, but at this point in their respective careers, I would feel fairly safe betting my money on Ward if that fight takes place in the near future. I would actually like to see Ward fight Stevenson & Kovalev and see GGG drop down 154 and call out Floyd. Phone Post 3.0

Yep, those are the two that interest me.

I'd be shocked if mayweather ever agreed to it.
Could GGG even make 154? Phone Post 3.0
I think so, I think he'd do it quite comfortably too.
If you look at him he's not a huge middleweight.

Seems the WBC have handed him mandatory. He's gonna get avoided like Ebola.
Quillin dropping his belt, supposedly turned down a career high pay day of $1.4million, anyone have anymore info on it ? Phone Post 3.0

Supposedly, GGG walks around close to 170 so a drop to 154 should not be that big of a deal. I have no clue why Tom Loeffler, GGG's manager hasn't been calling out at every opportunity Floyd, Manny, Alvarez, etc., for the last 18 months. Phone Post 3.0

nice. going to watch this later.

It sucks that Ward is not more active, I would love to see him fight three to four times a year. He is wasting the prime years of his career largely sitting on the sidelines as a result of injuries and his seemingly perpetual dispute with Gossen Tudor. It is sad to think that Ward is now 30 years old and has only competed twice in the last 2 1/2 plus years. Phone Post 3.0

Chappie - It sucks that Ward is not more active, I would love to see him fight three to four times a year. He is wasting the prime years of his career largely sitting on the sidelines as a result of injuries and his seemingly perpetual dispute with Gossen Tudor. It is sad to think that Ward is now 30 years old and has only competed twice in the last 2 1/2 plus years. Phone Post 3.0

Nailed it as per usual.

BadDog - 
martinburke -
Chappie - I agree with you, I love to watch GGG fight as well, but at this point in their respective careers, I would feel fairly safe betting my money on Ward if that fight takes place in the near future. I would actually like to see Ward fight Stevenson & Kovalev and see GGG drop down 154 and call out Floyd. Phone Post 3.0

Yep, those are the two that interest me.

I'd be shocked if mayweather ever agreed to it.
Could GGG even make 154? Phone Post 3.0

"Thirty days out from their highly anticipated “Mexican Style” showdown, WBA/IBO middleweight world champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin and WBC interim middleweight champion Marco Antonio “El Veneno” Rubio were both within the prescribed limits set forth by the World Boxing Council rules. For the WBC official 30-day weigh-in, Golovkin tipped the scale at 165 lbs., while Rubio weighed in at 174.5 lbs. Golovkin is currently training with Abel Sanchez at The Summit High Altitude Training Facility in Big Bear Lake, CA while Rubio is in Oxnard, California with Robert Garcia at the Robert Garcia Boxing Academy."

So GGG basically walks around as a super middleweight.

30 days out and he's 165. he's smaller than i thought. there are guys at 154 who would be 170 right now. chavez jr would be 180. 

Per fightnews.com, GGG weighed in a 163 today 7 days out from his fight with MM next weekend. I don't think that we would have much difficultly making 154. Phone Post 3.0

Floyd is the A side.

If GGG did not agree to that weight he would clearly be ducking

GGG doesn't bring enough money to the table yet to get Cotto to fight him let alone boxing's current cash cow in Mayweather.

It's why a fight with Andre Ward would seem to be perfect. They both are hungry to break into the lucrative PPV market but have limited dance partners. So why not face each other? Andre seems willing.

Money is only part of the equation, the risk of prospective defeat and the resulting probability of diminished earning potential as a result thereof is a much bigger factor (or in Floyd's case, the sheer impact that a loss would have to his self-identity and egg shell thin ego). I am sure that GGG would bring a much bigger viewing audience to an event than Maidana, Rodriguez, Guerrero, Trout or Ortiz did.
In fairness to Floyd though, GGG is the bigger fighter and Floyd realistically should not be competing north of 147. Cotto on the other hand ( who I have always liked), should be criticized for overtly avoiding any discussion of potential matchup with GGG when you consider that both fighters compete in the same weight class and that Cotto holds a belt in the weight class in which they compete. If Cotto is not willing to fight the best guys at 160 than he should not have a belt. Phone Post 3.0

PoundforPound - GGG doesn't bring enough money to the table yet to get Cotto to fight him let alone boxing's current cash cow in Mayweather.

It's why a fight with Andre Ward would seem to be perfect. They both are hungry to break into the lucrative PPV market but have limited dance partners. So why not face each other? Andre seems willing.

If neither bring enough cash to the table how would fighting each other and taking a loss be perfect?

Either guy beating the other wouldn't really increase their mainstream appeal . Fighting the most dangerous guy for little reward. If GGG did happen to beat Ward it would make Floyd even less likely to fight him , if thats even possible.

PoundforPound - GGG doesn't bring enough money to the table yet to get Cotto to fight him let alone boxing's current cash cow in Mayweather.

If neither bring enough cash to the table how would fighting each other and taking a loss be perfect?

Either guy beating the other wouldn't really increase their mainstream appeal . Fighting the most dangerous guy for little reward. If GGG did happen to beat Ward it would make Floyd even less likely to fight him , if thats even possible.

Though I would love to see it

Sure GGG is mandatory for wbc
If him and Cotto don't get it on, it's 100% down to cotto.
Like it's mentioned above, he moved up to face the lineal champion at 160lbs. He also holds the wbc belt at 160lbs.
Either vacate and face the flak for not fighting, or fight ggg and get steam rolled. Phone Post 3.0

I didn't mean to come across as a anti cotto fan or anything, actually like cotto a lot.
But GGG is being avoided like Ebola and, he deserves the money and recognition you get for being no.1 Phone Post 3.0