MMA Underground Forums

Andre Ward vs Allan Green super six

green did nothing...disappointing

Phenomenal performance by Ward, as someone already mentioned he put on an inside boxing clinic during that bout.  He was able to push Green back against the ropes and deliver stiff, short, powerful shots both upstairs and to the body throughout the fight.  Totally outclassed Green in every aspect of the game.  Outjabbed him convincingly despite the 4" reach disadvantage, threw accurate combinations and proved to be quicker, faster, and far more skillful.

Ward is a beast, it's been very intriguing to watch his progression as a fighter over the past couple of years.  Although he pitched a shutout, that fight was still very entertaining.  Green crawled into a shell, but Ward remained active even in the late rounds and threw power shots without getting reckless and leaving himself susceptible to a fluke counter-shot. 

The only guys that are going to give Ward a test are Andre Dirrell or Arthur Abraham.

andre ward is the future

The parts I caught were boring as shit.

DiegoGaggedOnBJ - 
Jack Skellington -  They're fighting in Montreal aren't they?

That's Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham stage 3 fight.

This one is in Oakland.

Abraham vs Froch still has no home

i'm still pulling for my boy Abraham, but i'm a fan of Andre's been watching him for a few years now. He definitely has the goods to win the tourney and fight Bute in a great matchup, I can see why the call Ward RJJ Prodigy

Dre is awesome! Longtime fan!

FCFBlazer -  Dre is awesome! Longtime fan!

Well he is no FCFBlazer, but he is alright

lol @ Traver calling out the top HWs

Hate him.   He's the new Hopkins.   Moves in with a punch, ties up.   Waits for you to punch, ties up.    He wore Allan down in the early rounds by grinding him against the ropes ala Handy Couture.

Boxing really needs to do something about fighters like him, like only allowing a limited number of clinches a fight.    More than two clinches in a round gets a point taken away.

Ugly, ugly fighter.    He'll probably win the tourney though.

That's the thing with Ward, if the ref lets them clutch and maul inside then he's got a gameplan for that.

If the ref is going to break them up every time they are in close then he has a gameplan for fighting from outside too.

The only real weakness I see is that he doesn't have spectacular punching power so that means he will win a lot of fights by decision.

Green looked like shit, man I'm disappointed. I was hoping for more from him, he looked like he didn't even want to be in there. I'm a big Green fan but damn he talks a lot of shit and looked like garbage. In saying that, Ward very might be the best Super Middle in the world and he is good at making other guys look bad. I like Ward a lot, I hope he wins it all.