Another drain the ear thread...

Ive just been dealing with this again recently. I got cauli for the first time a few years ago. I went to an ENT and he had NO idea what to do. So I was like fuck it and left.

I then went to my coach and had him drain it. He sat me down at his desk and drained it with a syringe. A few days went by and it was full again. I figured id try it myself. I bought some insulin needles and tried it but without much success. It had started to clot and wasnt able to pull much out.

A few years go by without any other instances. But just recently my right ear blew up again. I had one syringe from a buddy who has some roid friends, nice and thick so it was easy to drain. But after that I had no needles so I had my mother call up the pharmacist at her job and explain the situation ( so i didnt appear as a drug addict asking for needles) I went in and bought 28ga needles, the largest they have. It drained fine just due to it being recent and the blood still real fluid.

But yeah a trip to the doctor is not really necessary.

BenBJJ - Ouch. Im sure you can think of a better 'scar story' for that one!

While we are comparing cuts...

Photobucket

Sweet Jebus!!! What's that all about?

BTW that cut I had pretty much left no scar. The doc stitched it up soooo good!

Denis, That was a VB bottle.

But on the upside, my ear just got draned! Yes afew more years off from lookn like Wallid!!

CHEEEEEKEN IMO.

A crappy ear is a happy ear...but those cuts are nasty. At first glance I thought it was Wand.

Argh! Drained it last night... its back in the morning. Drain Rnd 2 2nite!

Man you've gotta keep it compressed and ice it regularly to keep the bloodflow down.

worst cauli i had was after a thai round kick directly to the ear... followed by a few hours of mma training w/ gi rolling as well.

my ears are pretty good now. wife is a nurse and brought home bigger needle. drains them when they are bad and i take a few days off.

luckily (unluckily) when the bad one happened (above) i also blew my knee out, so i had alot of time off to let it compress, ice, and heal right.

Just let it go, looks small enough to be alright as it will most likely get absorb by the body. However, if you are really paranoid and draining it did not work you can either try1) drain plus compression (looks a little difficult because of the location)2) have them cut it and leave it open to have it drain.Draining it again without compression will most likely yield the same result.Like I said earlier, your body will make the cauliflower ear go down when it heals so with a bulge that small it most likely will go away on its own if you ice and let it heal.Best to go to an ENT and even then dont let him do whatever he wants. After two busted ears these are my suggestions.

Edited to add:

For compression you can use a cotton ball and stuff it inside your ear on top of the drained spot and then wrap with compression wrap. Its pretty painful since you need it real tight for it to work. Shouldn't be that bad for yours since your cauli is so small.

I'm an RN and regularly drain caulifowers on guys. They come to me from the 310 to the 805 here in LA. I've even drained a couple of dogs ears.

I have a Cauli-Kit that includes Lidocaine, various needles, various syringes, and plently of big gauze for compression dressings.

To be successful, you need to drain in while its still 'squishy'. Once it begins to harden, forget it.

Also, once you drain it, you should really take at least a week off from training. This is the hardest part for matrats. But I could drain it tonight, and if you train tomorrow, it will come right back.