Another example of JBJ losing fans..

Besides already having image issues, and all the shit the happened last week, he comes on twitter and "accepts full responsibility and apoligizes to fans and other fighters on that card" only to come out a week later and point the blame on Henderson.

Henderson was hurt but was still trying his ass off to fight through it and go on with the event as the true warrior he is.

Jones had the opporutnity to not only step up for the company that has given him so many opportunities to win the title, be promoted at the highest level, and become a UFC megastar, but also to save an event. Jones choses NO.
Takes the blame "carry the cross" or whatever he was babbling about.

Now he has apparently decided he is done taking the blame and decides to point the finger at the guy that was actually trying to save the event.

Nice work Jon...you really know how to win those fans over..

Good thread, first time I've read about this Phone Post

Then he bites the hand that feeds him and stops following Dana. That is immature. Phone Post

LOL at blaming Hendo, the man who epitomizes the "will fight anyone anytime anywhere at any weight" attitude and is widely considered one of the greatest MMA fighters ever.

Jones needs to get off twitter and hire a PR company to handle him because, while he is obviously a great fighter, he doesn't know the first thing about crisis management.

"The carry the cross" was just stupid.  You have a religious tattoo, you talk about being blessed and then you use a Jesus metaphor as well.  No one can be that stupid.  Maybe he does want to be hated.

And the unfollowing Dana, can someone explain what that's about?

MMAFriedRice - Then he bites the hand that feeds him and stops following Dana. That is immature. Phone Post

Dana White > Jon Jones Phone Post

He made it clear....Fights for money and money only.

If he keeps wrecking 205ers who's guna tell him different, all he needs is to pull a Silva V Maia and Dana will unfollow him for life though Phone Post

TheKidAintMine - LOL at blaming Hendo, the man who epitomizes the "will fight anyone anytime anywhere at any weight" attitude and is widely considered one of the greatest MMA fighters ever.

Jones needs to get off twitter and hire a PR company to handle him because, while he is obviously a great fighter, he doesn't know the first thing about crisis management.

Yep "will fight anyone, anytime, anywhere at any weight" oh wait, except Lil Nog....

MarcusRenatoBlackBelt - Jon Jones is a HERO. He went 84-0 in amateur wrestling and was recruited by Cael Sanderson. He then turned his sights on MMA after conquering the wrestling world. With his world class greco skills , he dominated favorite fighter after favorite fighter on his way to a NIKE deal. He has never been defeated in an MMA match, only losing to Hamill by foul.

He beat up Rashad Evans, Rampage, Machida, Bonnar, Bader, and Vera. He has changed from a wrestler to a striker who can wrestle. Not all the fans love him, but his mental toughness seems to dominate his opponents. His chin has been tested, but he prefers to rarely get hit. The people that hate Jones are the fickly hardcore fans, the same fans that make photoshops of Rashad Evans after his knockout face, the same fans who say Liddell only fought Grapplers, the same fans who say Fedor only fought bums .. The Hardcore fan has not taken to Jones through No fault of his own.... The fans hate fighters who do not finish, I'm pretty sure Jon Jones finishes fights.

Punching people in the face doesn't make you a hero.

djones - 
TheKidAintMine - LOL at blaming Hendo, the man who epitomizes the "will fight anyone anytime anywhere at any weight" attitude and is widely considered one of the greatest MMA fighters ever.

Yep "will fight anyone, anytime, anywhere at any weight" oh wait, except Lil Nog....

He was willing to fight Lil Nog (again) if they could change it for 3 rounds because he didnt have enough time to prepare for 5. Now let me know when he signs a contract to fight Thiago Silva at UFC 199, has the UFC spend thousands on promoting him, does the commercials, tells his fans to buy tickets and then refuses to fight Mark Munoz on 8 days notice because Silva got injured

Dana White Future LHW Champion 2013!

Gokudamus stole my name - 
djones - 

He was willing to fight Lil Nog (again) if they could change it for 3 rounds because he didnt have enough time to prepare for 5. Now let me know when he signs a contract to fight Thiago Silva at UFC 199, has the UFC spend thousands on promoting him, does the commercials, tells his fans to buy tickets and then refuses to fight Mark Munoz on 8 days notice because Silva got injured

But, but, but, but....he wouldn't have a gameplan to fight Munoz!!!

djones - 

Oooooh, I see now....Hendo was willing to fight Nog only on HIS TERMS. Yep that's the very definition of "anyone, anytime, anywhere at any weight" .....

Can't stand Jones.

The most frustrating thing is how talented he is. There's an amazing chance he's going to be a UFC champ for years to come, potentially even at HW. I try my hardest to like the guy and don't outright vilify him like the majority seems to be doing, but still its killing me to see him so clueless about PR.

"The most frustrating thing is how talented he is. There's an amazing chance he's going to be a UFC champ for years to come, potentially even at HW. I try my hardest to like the guy and don't outright vilify him like the majority seems to be doing, but still its killing me to see him so clueless about PR."

Maybe one of his main problems, well not a problem but, he is damn young! I think sometimes we forget how young he really is. I remember when I was his age, I made bad decisions and mistakes as well (I'm sure that we all did). The difference is my mistakes were not in front of millions. Also, it's interesting to see how DFW, the man who created the monster by heaping praise after praise after praise on JJ, all of a sudden has turned his back on him. At some point, when your boss continues to speak about how great you are etc.... you start to believe your own hype. I'm sure he will learn from this... we all did when we made mistakes at his age.

louden swain - Besides already having image issues, and all the shit the happened last week, he comes on twitter and "accepts full responsibility and apoligizes to fans and other fighters on that card" only to come out a week later and point the blame on Henderson.

Henderson was hurt but was still trying his ass off to fight through it and go on with the event as the true warrior he is.

Jones had the opporutnity to not only step up for the company that has given him so many opportunities to win the title, be promoted at the highest level, and become a UFC megastar, but also to save an event. Jones choses NO.
Takes the blame "carry the cross" or whatever he was babbling about.

Now he has apparently decided he is done taking the blame and decides to point the finger at the guy that was actually trying to save the event.

Nice work Jon...you really know how to win those fans over..

We all applaud Henderson for trying to push through his injuries to fight. BUT, I would rather see Henderson at full health fighting Jones for the title. I would also have liked for Henderson to announce his injury the month it happened before the fight so appropriate measures could have been taken in case he couldnt fight after all (which was the case). Fighters need to stop trying to push thru injuries and causing these last minute changes. They should be speaking up when they get injured to give the UFC and other fighters time to adjust/make changes. I know its a catch 22, cause Dan couldnt announce he fucked up his acl or Jones might target it in the fight (but that wouldnt happen because all the armchair warriors around here say the fighters dont train for specific opponents, they just "train in general")

Its true, Jones could have stepped up and fought, but you make it out like the UFC gave him fights and promoted him like its some charity case. They did it to make a shitload of money off him. They have made FAR more off him than he has made off them. Dispute that please. The UFC is making bank off Jones, they are self serving in their "help" that they are providing to Jones. The UFC rarely does anything out of charity that they wont make money off of in some form (ie. publicity).

As for carrying the cross, he was being told from all outlets that he was wrong. He stepped up and shouldered some of the blame, then all of a sudden he finds out that this fiasco could have been prevented 3 weeks earlier and you are shocked to see him say, wait a minute, im getting shit on like this when its not all my fault after all??? You really expected him to sit there and not say something when he wasnt all to blame as it turns out?

Something breaks at work on your shift and you dont fix it. The company gets pissed and blames it on you. Everyone has to go home without pay and they all blame you as well. You accept responsibility for it and then find out Don broke that part weeks ago but didnt mention it. He figured it would keep working long enough to get the job done. Are you going to sit there and accept the blame or be pissed off at Don and point out he is the one that should have stepped up 3 weeks ago and announced the problem that shut down business for a night.

People liking or disliking a fighter isn't as important as staying in the spotlight. It can pay to be hated,especially when you're skilled.

as if hendo didn't let anyone know he was hurt. even in the amateurs, when you get hurt, you let the promoter know. I am sure he did and dana took it as an opportunity to better the UFC's champion demographic.

djones - 
djones - 

Oooooh, I see now....Hendo was willing to fight Nog only on HIS TERMS. Yep that's the very definition of "anyone, anytime, anywhere at any weight" .....

Yes how dare he request a full training camp for a 25 minute fight. Because thats exactly the same thing as Jones getting a full training camp, being in shape and refusing to fight an out of shape MW on 8 days notice because Jackson had trouble meditating on a gameplan to fight the elusive Chael Sonnen!