Anthony Johnson knew Fitch was out before Maz did

Out of the right corner of the screen you can see AJ signaling to a guy on his left right before Burkman rolled him over. Maz dropped the ball BIGGGG time here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzoj-GxWC68

I think the only one who didnt know Fitch was out was the fucking Maz

that happened fast as shit. I don't think maz dropped the ball.

Papi Chingon - that happened fast as shit. I don't think maz dropped the ball.

Respectable opinion, but such a sticky situation

Shouldhavebeen - People need to chill out on Maz. Fitch was out for about 1 second. Maz was on the other side. Fitch is known for his superior sub defense.

Stop making a big deal out of nothing you DFW dick suckers.

lol, so let me get this straight, Burkman chokes Fitch out cold, the audience cage side knows it before the ref, Burkman turns over an unconscious Fitch on his own accord, and everyone that believes that this is an obvious error is a DFW dXXk SuXXcker? What does this have to do with DFW? Your the one who mentioned DFW, why are you so worried what he thinks? Seems like your the only DFW dxxk suxxker. I never said Maz was the worst ref or anything like that. just stated that he dropped the ball on this one.

No they sucked DFW's cock twice. It was a fast submission. It would take any ref a couple of seconds to sink in. I'm not defending Mazagatti but it's something that can happen to anyone. I didn't even realize Fith was out until Burkman jumped up and I have a TV view.

jonnierockets20 - 
Shouldhavebeen - People need to chill out on Maz. Fitch was out for about 1 second. Maz was on the other side. Fitch is known for his superior sub defense.

lol, so let me get this straight, Burkman chokes Fitch out cold, the audience cage side knows it before the ref, Burkman turns over an unconscious Fitch on his own accord, and everyone that believes that this is an obvious error is a DFW dXXk SuXXcker? What does this have to do with DFW? Your the one who mentioned DFW, why are you so worried what he thinks? Seems like your the only DFW dxxk suxxker. I never said Maz was the worst ref or anything like that. just stated that he dropped the ball on this one.

VU, Fitch clearly went limp and Mazzagatti's mind was somewhere else.

Maz wasn't even on top of the action. It wasn't even that he didn't realize Jon was out, it was that he never even placed himself in a position to make the call either way.

Maz didn't even dive in to check o Fitch right away as ref's usallydo for anyone that is out, he just casually strolled over.

Guy is a trainwreck and Kim Methslow is better than him now.

Ingo Weigold - 

I think the only one who didnt know Fitch was out was the fucking Maz

That is not true. Bas Rutten was commentating how Burkman "might" be able to pull off the submission as Burkman was already releasing the hold.

RileyPust - Maz wasn't even on top of the action. It wasn't even that he didn't realize Jon was out, it was that he never even placed himself in a position to make the call either way.

This

Shouldhavebeen - People need to chill out on Maz. Fitch was out for about 1 second. Maz was on the other side. Fitch is known for his superior sub defense.

You pointed out the flaws yourself.

Maz was totally out of position. Not close enough either. He did a terrible job.

Way to try and make it about dfw loser. I don't give a fuck what his opinion is. Maz screwed the pooch. If burkman followed the instructions and did not let go until the ref stopped the fight, it could have easily been another 3-6 seconds before maz stepped in. That's shitty. Phone Post

MMA Lives Here - It looked farcical. Burkman rolled Fitch over released him, stood up, thrust his hand into the air and walked away - and then it was like slow motion as Maz stood there then eventually walked over to lifeless Fitch, knelt down and put his hand on his chest.

You don't want people getting deprived of blood to the brain for too long, that's how they die. Respect to Burkman Phone Post
completely agree! That is why this is such a big deal could you imagine if Rousimar Palhares had that choke I guarantee he wouldn't of let it go and the results would of been very bad 4 his opponent. Phone Post 3.0

Gif lets go Phone Post 3.0

I've seen Fitch fight out of tight chokes before. I'll never be surprised if whenever Fitch gets submitted that he would either go out or break his arm. Fitch is a stubborn bastard who never taps, why does anyone act surprised at the result? Mazzagatti probably assumed Fitch would just Fitch out of it. I thought he would, even though it was a really really tight guillotine. I was shocked to see Fitch get choked out, never thought it would ever happen, especially by josh burkman. Phone Post 3.0

jonnierockets20 - 

Gotta love people who censor stuff like this, as if it doesn't count even though everyone knows exactly what you're saying.

Maz was right on top of the action. He did nothing wrong. It was a quick submission and Burkman released the choke immediately. Like I said in the other thread, was his supposed to call the fight BEFORE Fitch was out?

You could see people in the audience pointing at Machidas limp arm before Big John stepped in against Jones, where's the criticism there? WHY WAS BIG JOHN SO SLOW?

Shouldhavebeen - People need to chill out on Maz. Fitch was out for about 1 second. Maz was on the other side. Fitch is known for his superior sub defense.

Calm down, Maz. Phone Post 3.0

could that be considered a head spike? looked like a DDT lol