Anthony Smiths Exposes Jon Jones For Failing EVERY Drug Test The Week Before Their Fight

I remember gustaffson vs jon 2, gustaffson took loss very quickly, he knew what he was fighting

I love Smith, and im sure this came up organically, but the ship has sailed. Don’t forget jones also kicked him when he was down, a clear dq, that Anthony didn’t take.

Since we’re being honest, I never though that Anthony was anything other than a journey man. Don’t actually understand how talent such as he fights in the UFC. Dana must be short on dummies that want to throw their bows

Jon Jones the only mofo able to convince a commission that steroids can pulsate in or out of his body forever lol.

2 Likes

Who the hell would steal a Mars Bar? Snickers, Kit Kat, Pay Day, even Skittles. But a Mars Bar? WTF is in a Mars Bar?

I might have to “get” one tomorrow for research.

It was Dana idea, green light for selected fighters

I’m amazed that so many of you think USADA is in the pocket of the UFC. If they are, they do a SHIT job of helping the UFC…consistently suspending some of their biggest stars, pulling guys from main even fights the week of the fight, only to come back a few months later saying it was a tainted supplement and not that big of a deal.

If USADA is in the pocket of the UFC, someone might want to let them know that it’s more beneficial to just bury the tests and not pull guys from main events, or suspend their champions etc.

OK, but if they’re gonna meddle, why not do it in a meaningful way? Seems kinda silly to be like “fine, we’ll do some illegal shit, make up lies about pulsing, and let a guy fight while cheating…but only after we pull him from UFC 200 the week of the fight, and keep him out of competition for a little while.”

So they let him cheat to fight Anthony Smith in an event that’s not huge for the UFC, but pull him from what was supposed to be their biggest event ever?

I love these threads for shedding light on how many emotional, uneducated dweebs there are on this board. Makes me smile.

Heads buried in all the sand lol.

Yes, but those are two totally different situations. It’s more like would you treat someone who stole a Honda Accord different from someone who stole a Mitsubishi Gallant?

And nobody was bright enough to say “we weren’t supposed to test the guy for cocaine, but we did…and he failed, but we can’t suspend him because it’s not against the rules to do cocaine when he was doing it…so maybe we shouldn’t release that he tested positive for cocaine, because it benefits nobody, wasn’t against the rules, and will only embarrass one of the UFC’s champions?”

Yes, why would they release that information. How could it benefit them to let the world know jon jones failed a test for cocaine. It would just hurt his image and be a tool for leverage in negotiations. This has happened in football several times and the wwe is notorious for keeping failed drug tests secret until it benefits them to suspend someone.

I dont know why people think Zuffs is filled with idiots who dont know what their doing. Why can’t they make the jon/francis fight? Why would they release drug results for a drug that isnt against the rules at that time? Why dont they just pay so and so what they want and make these dream fights? Why dont they compromise with so and so for a mega card. They are a billion dollar compant that was built from near bankruptcy. They know exactly what the fuck they’re doing. Every move is calculated and planned. They know who is worth what and who sells tickets. Wake up.

I think you’re correct, but with one caveat…they also put false information out there as a negotiating tactic. If they’re negotiating with a guy, he’s not a needle mover, not as big of a star as they hoped he’d be etc, but if they have a PPV coming up, it’s unbelievable how big of a star this guy is, everywhere I go people are talking about this kid etc.

The last PPV with Diaz and Izzy sold 600K buys. If Diaz signs a new deal with the UFC (he’s on his last fight of the deal) and is taking a big fight in October, the talk will be about how amazing his last fight was, how big of a star he is, how he was the talk of the PPV etc…but if he refuses to sign a new deal, and they know they’re gonna lose the guy after this fight, he’ll get booked with someone like Islam Makhachev, and the talk from the UFC will be about how the hardcores love him, but he only sold well against Conor and Masvidal, and the last PPV sold like a third of what he did with Conor AND it was headlined by Adesanya, who would have pulled those same numbers without Diaz…so his time as a “star” seems to have passed, but we’ll see if he can beat Makhachev and possibly get back on track blah blah blah.

So yes, you’re right…the UFC and Endeavor is filled with very smart people who know WTF they’re doing…but we need to keep in mind, they’re negotiating most of the time. To state the obvious, if they sign Jon vs Francis, it’s because they believe it’s the biggest fight they can make for those guys, and will make more money doing that fight at the amount it’ll cost than they’d make with Francis vs Lewis at a lower cost…but by giving Jon a new deal and booking the fight, that doesn’t mean Jon is the huge star they’re certainly going to sell him as, but it also doesn’t mean that Jon isn’t a needle mover if they choose not to book it.

The UFC does a very good job of releasing info publicly that they feel benefits them. Lots of PPV numbers went unreported recently, some that were expected to do crap numbers, some that did great, but no official data was released. If they book Jon vs Francis, the narrative will be that Jones vs Reyes sold well and the social media buzz for Jon vs Francis is huge…if they can’t work out a deal with Jon, the narrative will be that Jones vs Reyes sold poorly, and that people aren’t talking about Jon the way they used to.

So yes, I 100% agree with you that the UFC has tons of data on everyone, they know who sells, and make decisions accordingly, but what they choose to tell the public isn’t always true. They tell the public whatever will help them sell fights.

1 Like

and when I say they have tons of data…years ago, while negotiating a fighters contract, they pulled up data from their last fight to show their manager…and showed them things like “at the start of the fight, there were X amount of viewers. However, your guy fought a super boring fight (paraphrasing obviously) and by the end of the second round, the number of viewers was cut in half. So yeah, the guy you want us to pay more $ won his fight, but he fought such a shit fight that people literally changed the channel.”

and that was like 10-12 years ago…the data they have now must be 10x better than that.

I agree 100%. I went into much more detail in this thread.

Smiths performance in that fight made me want to start doing drugs