Anthony Taylor Accuses White of Treating Black Fighters “Like Shit”

1 Like

Anthony Taylor has bashed the UFC over what he feels is mistreatment of black fighters.
Taylor, an MMA fighter turned boxer who competed under the Bellator banner, has made quite the claim on how UFC President Dana White treats black fighters. Taylor’s recent comments come after Sean O’Malley revealed what the UFC boss told him after he defeated Aljamain Sterling via TKO.

Anthony Taylor Accuses UFC Of Mistreatment Towards Black Fighters

Anthony Taylor hopped on Twitter and insinuated that Dana White is gung-ho over O’Malley defeating Sterling, while also accusing the UFC of bad treatment towards its black athletes.
“But then treats the black fighters like sht!!!”*

In the past, former UFC Welterweight Champion Tyron Woodley has expressed his belief that people in general were racist towards him, especially after winning the 170-pound gold. “The Chosen One” once said he was treated worse of any black fighter in the UFC. Here’s what he said on “The MMA Hour” back in 2017.

“If you look at the history of our sport – and it’s not even our sport, the history of the American culture – certain things are subliminally embraced that are racist. When you say to me ‘Tyron, you are well spoken’, what does that mean? Does that mean I’m well spoken comparable to all the mixed martial artists, the 500 UFC fighters on the roster? Or does that mean as a black male in America?”

“When you say I’m a freak athlete, does that mean I don’t work hard, that I’m going to fade in the later rounds? That I don’t have great cardio, that I don’t have a great skill set? It comes off to me… it almost sounds barbaric, like ‘hey, you’re strong, you knock people out, but if it gets to the later rounds you might get tired, you might fade and all those muscles come at a cost’.”

UFC President Dana White responded to these comments during an interview with ESPN, saying that racism was never what was holding Woodley back. He even called Woodley a “drama queen.”

1 Like

Hilarious considering all of the favoritism comments people have made about Dana White and Jon Jones for example. Rampage, Evans, etc. So many black fighters have had preferential treatment at some point.

I feel like the only thing Dana White cares about is if you can make him some money or not.

7 Likes

There have been lots of unpopular black fighters the fans want nothing to do with that UFC spent a lot of money trying to promote anyway.

4 Likes

Anthony Who?

Nobody knows or cares.

Call MSNBC, go bitch there.

Dana only sees green or red.

3 Likes

Yeah, DC, Black Beast, Adesanya, Usman. For the most part, UFC likes people who are popular and who can sell. And they will put up with you a lot if you can do that. I hate people making it about race when it isnt. The two examples of Aljo and Woodley, the UFC fans hated them. Aljo gets booed in his hometown. And especially if you are champion and people dont like them, its bad for business.

5 Likes

Dana is only loyal to the color green.

Rampage killed an unborn baby and the UFC still backed him because he was marketable.

1 Like

This is exactly right.

Why would Dana make DC his commentary guy?

Just little race card babies like aljo and woodly cry about it.

Meanwhile MMA as a sport has always been a mixed race type of deal. Who doesn’t like the Sakuraba, the gracies, NOG bros, Korean Zombie, Anderson Silva, etc etc.

4 Likes

Shut the fuck up, they still push and cover for Jon Jones through a dozen things that would catch anyone else not named Conor a lifetime ban in part because they’ve always been desperate for that demographic.

1 Like

Who? Why is he even concerned with the ufc? He’s a journeyman who will never even sniff a ufc contract. If he’s lucky maybe he could get a spot as a last minute replacement on a contender series card or something.

1 Like

Top guys like DC and Jon Jones don’t count apparently.

1 Like

Anthony Taylor is the guy who punched Dillon Dani’s in the face on the street

2 Likes

Is he really trying to say that people claiming he has poor cardio is racist?

smh

3 Likes

This is very unfair of him to say. It’s provably true that Dana treats every fighter, regardless of race, like shit.

4 Likes

Most yeah but he’s specifically hand chosen a special few and made them rich as fuck.

2 Likes

Tyrone Woodley has always been a whiny, racist crybaby.

5 Likes

I agree with everything you said except Aljo and Woodley don’t belong in the same conversation. Aljo was genuinely happy to be champ and wanted to fight contenders, Woodley tried to cherry pick his fights and pretended to be a constant victim of racism.

3 Likes

It’s called low self esteem.

1 Like