ANY coaches in NYC?

"Not looking to compete, just want to learn something new. I live in Brooklyn."-

Then some DVDs and willing training partners would be a good investment...

"When doing nelsons they are usually broken down, being on your toes wouldnt be practical in this situation, he is lower than you and you are trying to tilt him , not make him carry your weight."-

I'm talking about the opponent already being on his back.

Hey Zenshin. There are two places in Manhatten that are free. The Twin Towers Wrestling Club on Ave C and Houston. Great bunch of guys. And there is also the NYAC on w57 and 8th i believe.. Both these place are good, but the only problem is that there are no coaches. If you want great coaching you can come by the club where i train. Our new space is very small but since our attendance hasnt been all that great, Yuriy can spend more time with everyone there individually. My other coach has a place in Manhatten Beach which is fairly big but his English isnt that great.

Where in Brooklyn are you?

Yea sorry i didnt get a chance to get back to you. I havent been to the manhatten beach club yet. I will this week and ill have all the info for you. Be warned the warmups are pretty intense. Basically we do crazy warmups and just drill the rest of the practice and wrestle at the end. Its ran by a former Ukranian freestyle champion. I need to get my ass there. You see all my coaches were in the same building and then they all parted ways so i try hit up everyone's new place. I will go to Pavel's place this week and find out the address, and ill give it to you asap.

10 bucks a session

Thats where i train now...lol

Yuriy Vilensky and Gene Fabrikant teach there. You should stop by some time.

You went sunday? Yea Yuriy has probably forgotten more about wrestling than most coaches know.

Everyone, please stay on topic and re-read the forum rules thread "Catch Forum - Ground Rules". I will bump to the top FYI.

Ok well, I am going delete this back to just before it went off topic in a few days. Thanks for keeping it civil.

Gave plenty of warnings but for the sake of the integrity of the forum,
please keep on topic from now on (take the pi$$ing contests to email
or something) and respect the ground rules of this forum, thanks!

Catch Forum - Ground Rules
Some quick ground rules to maintain the quality and integrity of this
forum:

1) Flame wars will not be tolerated. People will be welcomed to post
their point of view but hostile ad hominem and ad baculum attacks will
not be tolerated and will be promptly deleted. No warnings and no
apologies, if you can't handle it, then don't post. This forum will be
THOROUGHLY moderated and threads will be deleted at the discretion
of the mods.

2) Repeated opinions may be deleted. Saying something over and over
again does not make it true, it just makes it annoying. If you do this,
your post will soon be toast.

3) Be cool. Simple: If your posts are truthful (backed up by evidence)
and not deemed to be starting trouble, and respectful to mods and
competitors then you will have no worries!

Enjoy and happy posting!

Mike, I'm going to respond to your post later, when I have a little more time. A few years ago, it was me in your position defending Tony. I also respect that UNLIKE everyone who actually stayed in the ICWA, you actually wrestle and did compete; whereas their greatest contribution to catch wrestling is posting online.

BTW, who do we know in common?

A lot of people i have met through the Twin Towers wrestling club throughout the years. Jerry from the NYC NHB. And just last week a guy who went against you in GQ ,shit I forget his name, he trains at Renzos, he came by my club last week, he said you were a good guy just like everyone else. I know you defended Tony, that's why it was a shock when i read that thread. But i dont wanna be here to defend him. I did that already and i know he can be very negative, enough to make his friends turn away from him..But i find it rahter ridiculous when people knock on his knowledge, or catch in general.

He may not a people's person(atleast when he isnt tryng to be, take that with a grain of salt if you will), but definately knows his shit, but instead of people saying this they will make it sound as if he knows nothing. If you wanna hate the man, fine, but dont say he has no knowledge. Most of his haters know, but will not admit they learned some great stuff from him. While the other haters are just wearing the blinders and see wrestling as nothing more than double legs and singles. His friends lend him support and defend him, yet he alienates himself from his friends.

I really didnt want to bring him up at all.

Mike, thanks for the compliments (even the ones in your post that got deleted).

If you'd prefer, I can either message you through mma.tv or e-mail you, then you can decide if you want me to post the response publicly. It'll be a few days though,as I'm currently swamped; probably Tues or later.

The other thread reminded me of this.

Mike, after you introduced yourself and shook my hand, you mentioned that you hadn't seen me post on the Catch Forum. Here's why:

The reason I couldn't respond to your or Bruce's or anyone else's congratulations on that Forum was because I was banned. I have no idea why; I never posted on it after it was moved from the EZBoard forum. I also never posted anything negative about Tony on mma.tv until well after I met you. By the time I had met you, I had already begun to dislike Tony as a person and have problems with his ethics; but I still thought he was legitimate. It was later that year that someone would send me some evidence contrary to Tony's claims and let me know what was going on in the ICWA.

So again, one wrestler and competitor to another, if you want me to answer any questions that got deleted, go ahead and ask. My responses can be public or private- it's up to you.

ttt for Mike Franco.

Anyone know where Bruce Lee is and what he's doing?

Does he teach, is he still associated with TC?

ttt

ttt

ILVQLOS, I don't know Bruce but know who he is from seeing the LAOH series (the poor guy took a lot of punishment!). He did say "..This (wrestling) is no longer an active part of of my life but it will always be who I am..." on the RMATA forum, so I guess the answer would be no.

Thanks for the responses guys. What is he doing? Is he teaching at all?