Any Info on Cesar Gracie DVD's?

Would like some feed back on this set from ultimateimports.com. Interested in it and the Gurgel set as well. Already picked up Renzo/kukuk and the gholar takedowns. Enjoyed them both. Any info is very appreciated.

Thanks

Cesar DVD set are real good if you are just starting yor BJJ game.But if you have 2-3 years in really I would not buy them.I believe by watching his fighters fight he should come out with a real advanced series of tapes/DVD' s....Nick Diaz and Gil are excellant fighters

They are a great set of fundamental Jiu Jitsu.

I have been formally training for a few months now. Prior to this was 4 to 5 years of Judo and then some "garage training" from books and videos with some friends. So would it work well for me? I am looking for something to help shore up my basic and help in my progressing towards blue. I know that training once a week does not lend itself to advancing quickly, but that is all my schedule allows for now. So I look for any help I can get.

Thanks Again.

I started watching the Cesar instructionals about 5 or 6 months into my training and got a lot out of them. Cesar's instruction on this series is just outstanding.

Although the discs are broken down into beginning, intermediate and advanced techniques, I think that someone trying to get to the blue belt level should learn everything covered in the series. And at $60, it's an excellent value.

Thanks guys, just the kind of info I was hoping for. (quickly scrawls addition to Christmas list)

I've been training for about a year and a half and still find them very useful.

Like I said they are full of fundemental techniques. I have been training for only 9 months and I didn't have high hopes for this set, but I picked up tons of details on fundemental techniques, which is what I really want from a tape. I want to see things that give me a deeper understanding of fundamentals and help me move towards being able to pull these off on resisting opponets. I am not so interested in pulling off "newer more advanced" moves. Give me fundamentals any day.

I think they are good. He explains a lot of details, and a lot of small positional moves, not just passes, escapes, subs, and sweeps.

On the negative side, I think there is a little too much repetition and you can't skip ahead, each 'volume' is one chapter.

For the price though, they are very good.