Anyone bothered that Rousy got belt w/out fite?

Bucephalus - 
othree - 

Aldo was definitely gifted the UFC belt. Cruz's fight with Jorgensen was essentially the first UFC Bantamweight title fight, that's how I remember the fight being promoted. Just as the Bendo/Pettis fight on WEC 53 was essentially promoted as the winner would be the next UFC LW belt challenger, except the Edgar/Maynard rematch due to the UFC 125 fight going to a draw got in the way of that.

BOTH Cruz and Aldo were WEC belt holders.. and BOTH remained champions when the WEC divisions were absorbed by the UFC. It was natural to keep the existing champions. Same goes for the Strikeforce women's bantamweight division. Rousey is already the champion. It's not like she is coming from another country or foreign promotion. They are both owned by Zuffa.

What? Yeah bro I'm not disputing any of that.

All I'm saying is that people saying Cruz was gifted the BW belt are in error. The Cruz/Jorgensen was "officially" for the UFC BW Title.

unfilter -

neither did aldo.

That bothered me too.

New divisions should be introduced with a bang
i.e. tournament style champion decider. Phone Post

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - 
unfilter -

neither did aldo.

That bothered me too.

New divisions should be introduced with a bang
i.e. tournament style champion decider. Phone Post

What would have really been the point of that though? Aldo had demolished two top challengers in retaining what was recognized as the pinnacle of the 145 division at the time. Unless Zuffa had brought in DREAM FW's right as they shut down the WEC/asborbed the FW/BW divisions, there was zero point to a tournament.

Not that I don't disagree with the sentiment that something more than just presenting Aldo with a belt during a UFC event should have been done.

It didn't bother me when the first thread about it was started.

After god knows how many threads have been started about the very same issue it still doesn't bother me.

AndersonSilvasMoney - Cruz and Aldo both got their titles after the WEC merger and defended them for their first fight, so why should Rousey be different?

This.. stfu op Phone Post

no... considering her first fight is a title fight, the fact that they just gave it to her beforehand was for marketing... completely understandable...

dont really bother me as much as people keep thinking this is a huge thing for women's mma. It not. It's just a promotion of Rousey. If she loses her fight, then you will barely hear about women in the ufc again.

Money is to be had, based of Rousey. UFC is using her to get paid.

That doesn't bother me as much as dealing with the way you spelled fight. Read a book. Phone Post

even if they didnt give it to her she is gonna win it vs liz. does not matter.

I'm more bothered with how you spell fight. Phone Post

Did anyone mention Cruz or Aldo.. I love the replys on this thread

Oh and you spelled fight wrong

But to be fair.. I think he ran out of room in title...

Nah.

Virus x - Yeah I think its pathetic, I hope Rousey Looses the belt straight away and then looses her next fights. It will be the death of the womens division.

Well aren't you full of sour grapes... Phone Post

Couldn't give a flying fap. Phone Post

AndersonSilvasMoney - Cruz and Aldo both got their titles after the WEC merger and defended them for their first fight, so why should Rousey be different?

Clearly OP didn't just start watching MMA in the last year, but this thread makes it seem like it.

UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
Virus x - Yeah I think its pathetic, I hope Rousey Looses the belt straight away and then looses her next fights. It will be the death of the womens division.

Well aren't you full of sour grapes... Phone Post

Loose the belt. Is it too tight? I'd gladly be her belt loosener. Phone Post

The UFC can better promote her if she is a champion.

You guys are a bunch of ball washers.

Let people sing for their supper.