Anyone do a 180 on Leon?

I used to hate Leon, between sitting out and bitching non-stop to being kinda annoying. Around the Belal fight I started actually paying closer and closer attetnion to him. Im pretty happy he’s the champ, and like Bisping, I went from really disliking to really becoming a fan of his. Anyone else?

Lets hope he gets it done tomorrow. “Headshot, dead”

7 Likes

I’m with you. He got shafted by the UFC as well as a lot of bad luck. Happy for his success.

Another important note is he is the only top 10 fighter who was willing to fight Khazmat when no one else would.

5 Likes

I can’t say it’s a 180 but I’ve warmed up

6 Likes

Yeah I did for sure. I was critical of him sitting out when he did through all of 2020 and more, then his 5th Round against a washed Nate, his Main Event NC Eye poke… but like Dumb and Dumber he totally redeemed himself!

He proved a lot of us wrong and in retrospect he actually ended up making the best choices for his career despite all of that. He stuck to his guns. Now I went from being critical to rooting for the guy. Total 180

2 Likes

Other than beating Nate he has given me no reason to not like him lol

2 Likes

Never hated him but same, wasnt really a fan. Hes actually pretty likeable though now that hes had a chance to show his personality a bit.

1 Like

I did a 360.

2 Likes

His post fight interview in the cage after winning the title was enough to win me over

4 Likes

leon is awesome. but no way he beats colby or usman most nights. the brits are always missing the exact same thing.

Not really. I still think hes a pretty boring fighter who tries to coast to a decision 90% of the time. He needs more then one good preformance for my mind to change on him.

Killer instinct?

eric cartman bill GIF by South Park

I agree. Watching the countdown etc he seems like a good dude

1 Like

Teeth?

2 Likes

But yet he stuffed all of Belals grappling attempts (for as short of a fight it was)

he’s handled himself well for a guy with no wrestling backround. but belal and usman are not the same caliber.

2 Likes

Good point. Belal is solid, but he will struggle with the top top grapplers (Chimaev, Usman, Colby, Burns) etc

2 Likes

Headshot, dead is my favorite quote

5 Likes

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

1 Like

always liked him, dude is a great fighter…I dont give a shit about anything else. exciting fighters, i am a fan of.

1 Like