Anyone else excited to see Charles Oliveira fight?

Blue namers please post link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqC5pCVZGPM

Always excited to watch Charles. He's so energetic and has an aggressive ground game. Phone Post

My favorited LW prospect.  

Wade5000 - Blue namers please post link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqC5pCVZGPM

do BRONX!!!  

Maybe when he stops trying to finish fights, and starts trying to stall and win decisions I'll want to watch him.

Triso... that is funny!=)

I made a list of my top 100 favorite fighters, and I'm pretty sure Oliveira is top 10 already. I can't wait for his next fight, I hope he puts Lentz away. Phone Post

Cyril Jeff -  yeah, he might be just be TOO exciting, needs to add some lay and pray in there, less actual fighting/subbing...

All joking aside, from a strategic stand point it's true, he could stand to slow it down a bit. Chaining submission attempts for subs that aren't there is all well and good against weaker grapplers, but as he found out, it's a great way to get a limb ripped off by a better one.

Wade5000 - Triso... that is funny!=)

Agreed. It's so funny that I think trisio should just make that same joke four or five times in this thread where it will certainly be funny every time he does it.

JustBlogGuy - 
Cyril Jeff -  yeah, he might be just be TOO exciting, needs to add some lay and pray in there, less actual fighting/subbing...

All joking aside, from a strategic stand point it's true, he could stand to slow it down a bit. Chaining submission attempts for subs that aren't there is all well and good against weaker grapplers, but as he found out, it's a great way to get a limb ripped off by a better one.

Agreed. It's so funny that I think trisio should just make that same joke four or five times in this thread where it will certainly be funny every time he does it.

Ask and you shall receive.

I try hard to like Oliveira, but he doesn't hug peoples hips while inside their guard and try to ride out the round.

The man gives the people what they want.

lol

JustBlogGuy - 

uhhh... Jim Miller would beat 99.9% of the division.

Did I say anywhere that he wouldn't? Charles has said he wants to be the youngest champ ever. If he wants to do that he will have to tone down the wild aggression, because to do that he will have to get through fighters like Miller, and until he improves his technique as well as learns to fight with a little more restraint that will always end badly for Charles.

Miller is the perfect example of how he will have to learn to fight. Nobody with any common sense would accuse Miller of being boring, but he's a much better fighter because he uses his aggression within tight technique. Watch Miller's first round against Bocek. Just like CO on bottom Miller doesn't allow any effective strikes to land, the difference is instead of throwing a bunch of wild and hopeful sub attempts he identifies where his best bet is, works an omaplata, and when that's countered takes an arm that is actually there to attack, instead of just throwing his legs up in hopes Bocek is being lazy, and uses it to sweep and almost tap the BJJ black belt.

Go DoBronx

Good interview-

http://www.sbnation.com/mma/2011/6/23/2240234/charles-oliveira-exclusive-ufc--live-versus-mma-news

I can't wait to see him fight again. He's an aggressive fighter with a very aggressive guard. Phone Post

Can you guys believe I missed the fight? After all this I ended up missing the fight but I heard Charles did really well too bad for the unfortunate knee.