Anyone ever taught BJJ in asia or middle east?

I keep hearing about guys going to Abu Dhabi and being paid 4000 dollars a month with free housing to teach rich kids BJJ. Or guys teaching BJJ at Muay Thai gyms in Thailand or just generally in asia. Doing something like that would be cool as hell and I would really like to do it one day (I am just a purple belt now, so I am talking in the future when I get my black).

I was just wondering if anyone here has done it or knows someone who has and if you have any stories.

Not sure where the 4k a month came from. Phone Post 3.0

It's not $4000/month. It's AED$4000/month plus housing/insurance/american education for your kids/yearly travel to your home country/maybe a couple more perks. That was the job offer I got when I was a brown belt. The package for black belts is better but I'm not sure what it is.

Plus it's expensive living there

whats aed 4k?

A little more than $1000 US

Ah okay. That doesnt sound much, but if you are living there rent free and all it is pretty good. So its enough to be a brown belt to get the gig? What was it like living in that culture?

I didn't take the job. If I were single I'd have taken it in a heart beat. But being married with kids, it wasn't worth the move for that pay.

I live in Kuwait now. The Middle East is an experience. Before moving here I taught in Malaysia which is also a Muslim culture, though very different from Kuwait where alcohol is illegal, as is having a women cut your hair if you're a man.

Very difficult transition my first year, now I'm a bit more settled. Phone Post 3.0

Like the others have mentioned..... if you're single it'll be an AWESOME experience!  Married, kids, or older....it'll suck nuts to teach overseas.

-B

Blown383 - 

Like the others have mentioned..... if you're single it'll be an AWESOME experience!  Married, kids, or older....it'll suck nuts to teach overseas.

-B

Thats what I figured. I wouldnt be thinking about this if I wasnt single.

Also considering this for the future. Anyone have any links to more info or can give some personal anecdotal info? Phone Post 3.0

I have a goal of teaching bjj abroad.

I saw the offer of teaching in the middle east, but I imagine I would find the culture a bit too conservative for me.

I heard heard that many brazilians go and end up watching tv in their hotel rooms at nigfht and are bored out of their minds?

ttt

www.palmssports.com

A bit dated by now but most of the info is still accurate I believe. Lauren and her husband Fabricio are blackbelts under my coach Sergio Penha. They've been in UAE for 3 years now I think. Fab is actually opening a school in Qatar.

http://www.openmatradio.com/2012/08/13/episode-33-lauren-moreira/ Phone Post 3.0