Anyone ever train with Kazeka Muniz?

One of my teachers calls him "Paraguay", because right over the border in Paraguay you can buy all sorts of fake products.

He's a decent wrestler and has got legit bjj skills (at least, now he does). I know a couple of his affiliates in Germany & France and they are legit.

Don't know anything about his business tactics.

what about his accent?

what ever he did in the past or not.. he has super human strenght, and very good bjj and wrestling.. and trained all over the world.

He's from Venezuela!

At the 99 Pan Am's in Miami,I saw go against Yuki Naki (brown belt match). Yuki beat him on points,both guys looked good. But.....Yuki's next match,somehow,the ref in the match ,ended up being Muniz. He blatantly made bad calls and gave the match to Yuki's opponent. I mean it was horrible. The crowd even booed him,and I believe the opponent was brazilian.

^^ doesnt matter if his opponent was brazilian as hes not. thats like a irishman giving the match to a indian against a chinaman

1 Like

I remember that dude was at Pedro Saure's school on State Street in SLC. He was a blue at the time (96?) He went to Brazil and came back Brown. I remember he was athletic as fuck. I was white at the time, so I cannot comment on his technique.

Crazy to hear his name again. He has been around forever!

JacT

I heard he moved to Cuba?

He was tough as fuck. He was also the guy in Pedro Sauers video where he fought the big bodybuilder. Kazeka was his corner guy.

I hear he is an investor in many things and quite wealthy.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, shoes and outdoor

Dude was a stud grappler. Very good.
I still have his old tapes on VHS he made when he was a blue belt. lol

he dated prime mouse and once thru a saddle on garth taylor and rode him all over wyoming elk hunting.

Kazeka first learned jiu jitsu through Pedro Sauer. I was there for his first class and many classes after and we all went after him. But he stuck at it and kept training and travelled around a lot. He learned jiu jitsu and learned Portuguese and went to Brazil and Russia (to wrestle) and I know he went many other places as well. Kazeka is legit no question. But man that dude had some crazy stories.

I could tell some funny stories about him cause I was there. Like the one about the guy that was planning on killing Kazeka for a bit of a mishap. This guy was no joke and he was a SCARY dude. His profession was a massage therapist and he was so extreme that he had knives under his massage table to access in case things went south. Kazeka did something that pissed this guy off and the vet planned on taking care of things HIS way. Luckily Lonnie, one of his close friends, spoke reason to him and it was resolved.
This vet used to go to the local park in SLC with a tazer and test it on the bums and hobos just to make sure it worked. Everybody has met a guy like this, but no joke, if you were around this guy or knew him, you also knew that he wasn't someone that you wanted to affront or screw over in anyway!

Anyway, I digress, I know Kazeka is married now and is settled and has settled down. I know his wrestling and jiu jitsu is very good and he has been around the horn without question. It would be cool to see him again and hang out.

^cool story

Came across this forum today as I looked up Kazekaā€™s school near my house. Just got back from trying class. Probably the best instruction Iā€™ve ever had and he was a super nice guy. He was making a lot of jokes when people would make mistakes about them sucking but it was a very light hearted guys giving each other shit vibe that I really enjoyed. Also I probably have 30 pounds on him and he smashed me when we went live. Really good technique. Iā€™m almost certainly going to join

1 Like

He wore a belt that was either so faded or bleached that you had no idea what color it was. It was like gray. What a weirdo.

Youā€™re the best instructor, Kazeka.

Malcolm In The Middle What GIF by Malcolm France

This is his son

2 Likes
1 Like
  1. No you fucking didnā€™t.

2. STFU KKM