Anyone ever train with Kazeka Muniz?

Here we go Phone Post

1 Like

Dang, he's still around? Phone Post

1 Like

^ Don't really get on these forums much. Am I missing something? Phone Post

You're talking about the Brazilian guy right? Phone Post

Is he the one that made tapes on BJJ many years ago with Panther Productions called Kazeka Muniz' Brazilian Street Fighting Series and he was a white belt or blue belt at the time.

He has lots of footage competing on YouTube, no idea how his school is but he is a real good wrestler. I'll let someone else explain the other things because I'd leave out too many details.

I have seen him compete in Europe and he was very good.

So what if he did video when he was a white belt or blue belt.

His level nowaday is largely Blackbelt....

AwHood,
If you are looking for a place to train in the Antelope Valley, check out Elite Fight and Fitness in Lancaster. They are a new school owned by Ciao Malta and are under Alliance. They have BJJ classes throughout the day from 6 am to 8 pm. They also have Muay Thai and fitness kickboxing classes. They have a nice facility. They have a site on Facebook. They will give you a free week of training. I plan on going this month to start training after I recover from a work related injury. I went by the school and met with Ciao and he seemed very excited and passionate about the school and teaching BJJ. I am very excited to try it out.

He is notorious in these parts.

Is he still a fake SEAL? Phone Post

Adam Singer - 

once you pretend to go through BUDS and they pin that fake budweiser on your chest...that my friend is an accomplishment no man can take away from you.

Adam Singer - 

I left that part out...... I don't know if he started that rumor or someone else did but he was never a Seal.

http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=100793

1 Like

Talked to Muniz earlier. He is on the east coast now. Phone Post

@ Oldcop,
I will call them and check them out this week. Thanks. Phone Post

I heard from friends who trained with him that he has a very negative-reinforcement-based teaching style. That was over 5 years ago though.

hes a joke, but hes got skills

The Gimp - I heard from friends who trained with him that he has a very negative-reinforcement-based teaching style. That was over 5 years ago though.

Friends don't let friends train with Kazeka

j/k, I really don't care but he does have a reputation.

Where's he from again, Ecuador or something?

I have never trained with him but have talked to people that have and I have heard mixed reviews on his teaching style. I have never joined his gym because he has questionable business practices. He has been out here in California in the Antelope Valley for several years. During that time he has owned and shut down three gyms.

His first gym I went to several times to talk to him and he was never there. When I did talk to the manager and agreed to come in for an orientation class, I went there at the assigned date and time and found the gym closed and found an eviction notice on the front door posted by the LA County Sheriff Department.

His second gym he started out being with Gracie Barra. I went in there and was turned off by their used car style high pressure sales pitch. He left (or was asked to leave) Gracie Barra and became Knuckle Up. He closed down that gym and it was bought and is now Kemo's Fight Factory.

He then opened up Premium Fitness in Palmdale and recently opened up a second gym in Tehachapi. He just recently closed down those gyms and from what I hear left to the east coast. The Premium Fitness in Palmdale was merged (don't know the details) with the Tapout gym here in Palmdale.

So, I guess my point is that if he opens up a gym someplace else and you are thinking about joining, don't expect the gym to be around very long.