Anyone following ADCC?

Do they score points for pin escapes to top position in adcc.

I always wondered why they don’t score mount and side control reversals

1 Like

They do score sweeps but they don’t score escapes from pins or from turtle. They also don’t score sweeps from turtle.

• Passing the guard = 3 points
  • Knee on stomach = 2 points
  • Mount position = 2 points
  • Back mount with hooks = 3 points
  • Takedown (ends Guard or Half Guard) = 2 points
  • Clean Takedown (ends passed the guard) = 4 points
  • Sweeps (ends Guard or Half Guard) = 2 points
  • Clean Sweep (ends passed the guard) = 4 points
1 Like

The cool kids say dog water nowadays fyi lol, thought you’d like to give it a test drive.

1 Like

Maybe going to turtle could be -1?

Or 1point for the other guy?

It shouldn’t be free. Especially if going to guard in ot or the finals is-1

1 Like

How bout they just grapple to someone taps but failing that they have a ref that actually knows what he’s doing that gives it to the one that tries harder to get subs?
Anytime u use points or OT rules like EBI people will play the rules.
If I know the ref is a very knowledgable man then I’ll know that I can’t fake it, that he really will give it to the one that went harder for subs.

If u write out the criteria and make it very technical then people will play to that.
If the criteria is as broad as “who went harder for subs” Then the fighters don’t know the exact criteria.
If I almost heelhook u but u get mount the last 5 months and only try safe subs like the arm triangle…
If we know who the ref will give it to u then u will stall. If we don’t know then u are more apt to give up mount to catch something.

I’ve seen a million rule sets.
Never saw one better than the refs discretion.
The ref just needs to be a guy that knows a real RNC attempt from riding someone’s back and looking like u want the RNC.
The sport is big enough now that many know what’s up.
I bet most the guys reading this would come to the same conclusion as to who won in 95% of matches.
Points ruin grappling

1 Like

Grappling someone like Palhares could legitimately be called a fight.

2 Likes

Just going for subs with no care of position can be idiotic as well. Guys just lay on their back spamming heel hooks. Or they give up positions which in a real fight would get you blasted.

Also, having 3 judges is way better than one ref calling the winner. For multiple reasons.

I respectfully disagree with your “points ruin grappling.”

Stalling should be punished more harshly that is the real issue.

1 Like

Who’s #1 has a good ruleset. No points are involved and it goes to a judges decision based on who they thought won the match.

I almost always agree with who they give the decision to.

3 Likes

Agree 100%.

2 Likes

Laying on your back and spamming heelhooks isn’t great. But it beats seeing guys lay on other guys while the coach yells “stay heavy, we just have 3 more minutes!”
Ibjjf rules make it so that going for subs costs guys more matches than it wins.
Guys cross their ankles using guard and just pull guys down.
Spamming heelhooks from your back can be lame and tedious. But it’s lesser of 2 evils

5 Likes

Top control is more applicable to real fighting with GnP. Leglocking pussies want to cripple someone for life with no repercussions and deserve to get KTFO

3 Likes

Aren’t you from a renzo lineage? Why don’t you have good leglocks?

1 Like

Just a guess, but maybe he predates it.

1 Like

Top control is awesome, no argument here, but leg locks are cool too.

2 Likes

Heelhooks aren’t THAT dangerous if you know what you’re doing. It’s overblown.

3 Likes

I’m going to have to disagree on this one. Seen so so many ACL, knee cap etc etc get destroyed. It helps a ton when you understand the game but the knee is fragile

4 Likes

Let’s say you go against a spazzy white belt. Id much rather he go for an arm than a leg

If you don’t know what you’re doing, they’re dangerous, and if you know what you’re doing they’re even more dangerous

2 Likes

By 10 years at least

One of our best black belts and the best leg lock guy at our gym got his knee destroyed a few months ago by a heel hook. Torn acl, mcl and fractured the top of his tibia. The other black belt that applied it didn’t even crank it. They were both twisting and it just went. Leg locks aren’t interesting to me at all. If you know how to wrestle you’ll never be in position to get leg locked by guys that roll as a hobby. I still view jiu jitsu as a martial art and leg locks are just a good way to get your ass kicked in a real fight.

7 Likes

I mean most of sport bjj gets your assed kicked. But its still fun. Heel hooks work

2 Likes