Anyone picking Sterling in a rematch?

I’ve never seen a fighter get taken down with an Osoto gari twice in the course of a title fight in MMA.

1 Like

With the level of ease Yan took Sterling down and sterling now needing surgery and physical therapy after I highly doubt it.
Yan looked like the better wrestler and better striker.

Hey, you are correct. Sterling will be forced to bend over in the rematch, against his will. We will all watch in desecration

Why should we care about sterlings will to surrender

Aljo is a sellout to the sport of fighting. He deserves to lose in a rematch and it’s obvious he was never going to win that match. I have been a big supporter of his until that fight and the aftermath. The only thing he did right was throw down the belt after they declared it a DQ. After that he ate up all his friends words:
“You deserve it champ!”
“You worked hard to get here”
“Fuck the haters!!”
No, you didn’t win the fight. Do not accept. Guy has lost his integrity IMO.

1 Like

Sterling didnt knee himself in the head while he was down. “What Sterling did” is win by dq according to the rules.

Yan should only be pissed at himself.

Ok i didn’t mean what happened after the knee, I meant sterling now taking time off to get a surgery for an injury he already had a long time.

What exactly is he having done

Disc replacement in his neck

1 Like

GIF by Busch

Holy shit like an artificial one???

Never be the same

get your clown emojis ready…

Yes.
I’m picking him to lose. :rofl:

i feel the correct response to that is to post page-fulls of clown emojis but i do not know how to do that easily. but dont worry, they know how to on twitter lmao

i have to watch the fight again , but i remember Sterling doing ok (still losing) but doing ok until he gassed
a few tweaks and he may come out stronger, he’s a talented guy so well see
with that said, i’m picking Yan

2 Likes

giphy (1)

Probably not.

3 Likes

I’m in the minority but Sterling not continuing and getting the belt doesn’t rub me the wrong way. Yans dumbass is the one who threw a totally avoidable illegal strike. Maybe Sterling milked it, but that’s fine with me. Also, the fight wasn’t a total ass kicking up to that point, but the tide was going it’s Yan. Great fight. Think Yan takes it though

2 Likes

I love Yan’s style. Awesome boxing, durable as fuck, stamina, and a bit of a mean streak. I had money on him the last time these two fought so I was happy with the direction the fight was taking before it got stopped, then in one fucked up moment my bet went down the shitter. Small bets, no big deal.

With that said, I do recall Sterling doing pretty well in the beginning, but the tide was clearly turning in Yan’s favour as Aljo’s stamina began to wither. Some think Aljo can rectify his issues and build on the good things he was doing wearly, but a lot of what he was doing early is what caused him to tire, and those sweet ass body shots from Petr Yan certainly help to speed up the process.

Yan’s gonna win this fight, but the odds are disproportionate to the reality. At -525 there is no way to pet on Yan to win the fight straight up. All 3 of the main fights are ridiculous odds. While I do like all 3 favourites to win, I said fuck it, and went on in with $5.00 on a parlay that pays $42K. I also need Tiger Woods to win the Masters, lol.

I’m probably about to witness a miracle this weekend, as all 4 huge underdogs will come through, and it’ll be Raquel Pennington that costs me my riches.

4 Likes

Algernon is going to get wrecked again.

That’s just Yan’s style. He does that in every fight. He lets his opponents get off on him and just defends. Seems like he’s analyzing what they do and then uses that to plan.

What was most impressive was how he dominated AJ in the wrestling exchanges. If I didn’t know better, I would have thought Yan was the wrestler in that match, which is shocking considering he’s a boxer at his core. I also find it hard to pick AJ considering how bad Yan made him look with all the trips and takedowns.

Yan scored 7 takedowns to AJ’s 1.

1 Like