Anyone trained in Thailand?

I'm going there in a few weeks. Can anyone tell me what it's like? The training aspect, I mean.

Thanks

ttt

I've trained in Thailand twice. I've written extensively on the training already and it may be in the archives. Since I don't feel like a long-winded report, I'll be very brief.

It's damn hot there so don't try to be a hero; be sure to drink a lot of water! Don't worry about the water they give you either. I've drunk many liters of water with no problem so I suspect it wasn't tap water.

They will generally train you as hard as you're willing to take it. If you slack off and don't seem committed, they won't push you too hard. If on the other hand you are willing to work really hard and you show it, they will work you like a freaking dog and damn near kill you. But they know what they're doing in terms of making you ring-ready.

If you express in interest in fighting, they will generally be glad to arrange it for you. I was invited both times to fight but had to decline for one reason or another. I'm determined to get in the ring the next time I go though.

Basically the training is as good or bad as you make it. If you have the right work ethic, you will have an incredible experience. Oh, and don't let their size fool you. They may not be big, but they can throw you around like you're a child and don't even think about blocking their kicks! Just get the hell out of the way. Word to the wise ;).

Good luck in Thailand!

Lautaro

I'm going to, how do i prepare for it? eat fried rice before training over here? lol

I havent done much thai, mostly just boxing intensly and a bit of MT a while ago. Will i survive!?

I'm in Thailand now. Been here for awhile.

"How do I prepare for it?" - You don't really. Open your mind I guess. If you want to really do something productive, learn a little about local customs, and see what you can do to be respectful of the people. For example, never run without a shirt on... even if you see thai's without one. Usually the thais that don't wear shirts (outside of the islands) are either old and don't give a shit, or drunk and don't give a shit. EIther way, I'd put on a shirt, it's cooler with one on anyway.

Like lautaro said, it's hot. Now is the hottest I believe, because it's not quite rainy season, and it's not winter, sooo it's hot. Today was no less than 36 degrees, and the nights don't go below 26 lately. Drink water, it's cheap.

The longer you're here for, the more you learn about how to cut costs, and get the most out of your experience.

The camps vary greatly in attitude and work ethic. Do your research before you come, if you can. If you are here for awhile, don't be shy about checking out a few camps before you settle on one, after all, it's a large investment.

That's all I can think of now...

which camp u at bro?

Lanna (Kiat Busaba) in Chiang Mai.

Will u be there in July man? I'll be there for 3 weeks, i hear it is awesome from some friends who were there at the beggining of the year

Hi Lemon. Preparing for the trip is a good idea.

I tried to prepare for my 2nd time by training really hard for a few months. When I got there, I was still left gasping for air. The training is pretty tough, to say the least. So being in good shape is a good idea (though not mandatory).

Learning a bit of the language would also be nice since I found very Thai who could speak much English. Just remember that Thai is a tonal language so be careful HOW you pronouce words in Thai.

I'm a terrible haggler, but Thailand is a place accustomed to this in open markets. Then again, everything's cheap to begin with so you could go either way.

Lastly, be wary of the enticing women in Thailand. It's not a topic I want to get into, but if you do decide to check it out, be very careful. It's very easy to get sucked into that stuff and it could end up badly for you in the end. Just watch your money and especially your heart. I'm not kidding.

Lautaro

hey octavious, how's andy doing ?

LOL re the woman thanx for the advice bro

LEmon, I will be here in July.

Andy is doing well, same as always, well almost always. Preparing to "hibernate" for Songkran.

Do u have a e-mail bro?

Yup: octaviousbp@yahoo.com

Sometimes I'm a little slow on responding :)

u got mail haha