AOJ second location

2 Likes

It’s a fucking BJJ academy not a cathedral. People go there as a hobby, like paintball or a driving range. Get over yourselves. Dorks.

These guys are so obnoxious.

5 Likes

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

5 Likes

A 20minute video about a second location? Fucking Mercedes doesn’t even do that for a new plant.

3 Likes

You know whats crazy? You don’t have to watch the video and you don’t have to reply…

8 Likes

You don’t have to post it either. Do you work in their marketing department or something?

1 Like

I post it because they have one of the most beautiful academies there is and I figured some people are interested in these things.

Are you OK man? Go train! It’ll stop that negativity

5 Likes

Do they do Botox there too?

4 Likes

Yes!

Love the Mendes brothers. I like how he wants to have a broadcast between the two locations so they can double the class size. He understands that if you are a competitor you are spending the majority of your time in the gym. So he wants to have a place that is nice to train at.

2 Likes

Less is more. But I think Donaher is the worst. He goes on for like hours on an arm bar lol. Give me a Craig Jones or Paul Schriner any day.

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t have the time for that shit lol

4 Likes

John Danaher is the man, and the best instructor out there. His early instructionals were very slow and boring but he’s gotten much more to the point lately.

1 Like

He’s good, but extremely overrated.

The way he coaches is making it increasingly clear he was never a competitive athlete himself.

I’m surprised you say this, Hillbo. I don’t think he’s overrated. If anything he’s been highly criticized for how slowly he talks and over-explains, which is fair concerning his early instructionals. The New Wave series and even the Feet to Floor series showed that he’s listening to the criticisms and has sped things up considerably. And they are dense as hell, containing 10 hours worth of good stuff. As far as competing, he never claimed to be a competitor. Hell every single athlete that trains or has trained under him gives him tons of credit, including Craig Jones. His “junior squad” is currently cleaning up in competitions.

I started watching Danaher as a brown belt, having come up the ranks under Humaita and then Nova Uniao. Danaher showed stuff I’d never seen before and changed my game in a big way. Flame away.

2 Likes

This is what I dislike about him. He has a “Junior Squad” so if they lose his ego doesn’t take a hit. He talks like a super villain and Im sure he plays up his character to look smarter than he is.

Granted the guy is highly intelligent, he’s never my first choice for an instructional

He’s had a “junior squad” since 2015. It’s how he differentiates his heavy hitters from lower belts. You listen to too much Craig Jones. Also you seem to take this stuff way too seriously; it’s just a bunch of people wrestling in rash guards or pajamas. Don’t let the hate cloud your mind.

3 Likes

I’ve always been curious on the seemingly purposeful separation all the younger Gracie’s have from Danaher at Renzo’s. You NEVER saw Daniel, Gregor, Igor, Rolles, Roger and Kyra when they were in town or now Rayron training or mixing with Danaher. From an outsider it seemed like there were two factions within Renzos.

2 Likes

Maybe Gracies will only train under a Gracie?

Its just corny thats all lol. They’re still students he’s training.

2 Likes