Are corner men allowed to have cell phone access?

Mr_Honky - The UFC Fans app has a feature where you can listen to the corners if you're in the arena. Be easy to have an ear piece and listen to opponents corner. Phone Post 3.0
That's crazy I bet Greg Jackson uses it. Phone Post 3.0

I have cornered in the UFC with my cell in my pocket. Everything is happening way to fast. That's a lot if waste to have someone watching the broadcast to try and text you if Joe Rogan thinks someone is hurt.. Being so close to the action usually you can tell regardless. Phone Post 3.0

I almost made this very same thread after last weekends fights.

I distinctly recall a fighter having his cornerman IGNORE his asking for water as he was texting on his phone. I couldn't believe that a cornerman would be texting between rounds instead of helping the fighter.

Anyways, I honestly feel like stuff could be exploited regarding injuries after the first round and having cornermen take advantage of it in rounds 3, 4, and 5.

I have cornered about 100 times and no one ever told me no cell phones. Of course, I never looked at a cell phone in a corner, either.

Jimmy Wrassler -
303 - Why on earth would texting someone that a fighter is hurt, or texting anything at all be beneficial? I cannot think of one situation where texting anyone anything would be a good idea.

"He has a broken rib, focus on the left side of his body"

How would that not help a corner/fighter?

Exactly Phone Post 3.0

No they are not. The dude that corners Hendricks has said so in interviews.

JeffersonDArcyChoke - I hope so.

Imagine having a phone during Arlovski vs Schaub?

You could have amused yourself by browsing the OG. Phone Post 3.0
:) Phone Post 3.0