Are the Diaz brothers Hall Of Fame worthy?

Bisping poll:

Nate Diaz Sport GIF by UFC

1 Like

No

4 Likes

Fuck out of here. The Hall of Lame isn’t Diaz worthy.

3 Likes

Hall of Fames are a joke anyway, might as well add some more clowns to the circus.

2 Likes

Yes, should have happened along time ago.

The ufc is not worthy enough

Not if the UFC HOF is merit-based. And they’re among my favorite fighters to watch, ever.

Now if we are saying HOF is entertainment-based, that’s a different case. But that is also far more subjective and cheapens the entrance to the UFC HOF as well.

6 Likes

Meanie McT

I liked the Diaz brothers, always followed them and was a Nick fan from the beginning.

But HOF?

Jason Mantzoukas Come On Man GIF by LoveIndieFilms

The essence and point of a “Hall of Fame” has been lost forever. It’s not meant to be a popularity contest but here we are.

1 Like

BOTH created an integral part of the Zuffa era imo Both !

You can’t just reward the point fighters, entertainment is just as important.

2 Likes

It’s an endless circular argument.

At the end of the day it’s all in how you define what a HOF should be.

For me I always grew up thinking it was for the best of the best. That’s clearly not what it is really anymore in most sports.

If you think impact or fame or popularity or whatever else counts and it’s not purely an achievement based meritocracy then of course it opens up a lot more possible entrants.

It’s not my kind of HOF, but my kind of HOF also doesn’t really exist these days.

The way the UFC has treated it’s HOF, yes, both Diaz brothers should 100% be in there.

Just like in boxing, its the hall of fame, not hall of skill or hall of great records. The diaz bros despite all their losses are two of the famous MMA fighters in the sport, so yes they belong in the hall of fame.

Nick belongs in an MMA HoF without doubt. Nate doesn’t, theres 1000 fighters that have accomplished as much as Nate did

All they did in the UFC was give people the finger and talk shit. Not a title between them. Nick was a .500 fighter and Nate beat McGregor. That’s it. I don’t think titles and accomplishments in other orgs carry over to UFC accomplishments.

Like plenty of people have said, it’s a popularity contest. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Diaz brothers are inducted before Benson Henderson.

MMA needs a Hall of Fame that the UFC can’t control.

It is the only way Mr. T. has a shot to enter the hall for his work as interviewer for Battlecade:Extreme Fighting.

The ufc HOF is a pathetic joke. It’s more watered down than the NBA HOF

But no. They wouldn’t even come close to sniffing HOF by my standards. But neither would a LOT of fighters who are in it currently

2 Likes

100%

1 Like

I’m the biggest Diaz fan here there’s no definition that puts them in the HOF

Nick was a .500 fighter in the ufc. 0-2 in title rights (really 1-1 he beat Condit 1 2 5) and Nate was 0-2 in title fights.

Nick beat joe Riggs and Condit though. Even with his record corrected he’s not anywhere near HOF

4 Likes