Are The FRATERNITY's Still Fighting These Days???

Years ago my cousin almost went to jail because he bottled some dudes head from another Fraternity.  The was one of the many fights he would be in  because he went to UP.  His frat was Sigma something.   My uncle was able to Bribe a police chief and he never saw time.

Anyways I always hear crazy storys of how the Fraternity's would war with each other but then I think some people died a few years ago and they really cracked down on it.

Sigma Rho - one of the oldest fraternities in UP

-----
haven't heard much of that lately, but yeah they did fight a lot especially during the 90s, i'm not really sure if it's still going on a lot as I've been out of college for a while now, but they seem to have quieted down a lot since the old days.

what's been going on a lot lately are gang fights. There have been a lot of American style "gangs" that have been cropping up lately, the names escape me right now, what stands out is that there is currently a pinoy version of the Bloods and Crips right down to the blue and red handkerchiefs . Pinoys have a penchant for copying things they see on popular media and this is no exception.

but the single funniest battle were the Hip Hop vs. Metal wars of the 90s which would always take place at Megamall food court. On one side you'd have the metal heads in their black shirts, jeans, and chuck taylors, on the other side you'd have the Hip Hop boys in NBA jerseys and pants that were several sizes too big. that was hilarious.

"but the single funniest battle were the Hip Hop vs. Metal wars of the 90s which would always take place at Megamall food court. On one side you'd have the metal heads in their black shirts, jeans, and chuck taylors, on the other side you'd have the Hip Hop boys in NBA jerseys and pants that were several sizes too big. that was hilarious."

oh hell no!!!

LOL

What the hell would they be fighting over???

over which was cooler to listen to, and which type of music made you more of a badass

it's strange I know.

it all fizzled out though when the whole Rap Metal scene came about

there were many other scenester battles like this in the early 80s it was the punks versus the glamour boys, and a few years back we saw the metal heads vs. the emo kids.

but the hip hop vs. metal (you have to say it with a tagalog accent too and accent the "a" in metal) was by far the most epic of them all.

Some people peg the notorious DJ Carlos (Carrrrlloooss) of now defunct metal station LA 105.9 who would frequently yell into the mic during his sets "Mamatay ang mga hip hop!!!" "Putanginan niyong lahat!!!", death to all hip hop, which egged on the all the long haired metal brethren to beat up every baggy trousered kid they saw.

Yep that's right, all that I've typed is true to the best of my memory. EKPOGI can probably validate this with stories of his own, since I think he was still here in the 90s and apparently was heavily into the metal scene back then.

Thats fuckin crazy,  and kinda hilarious too.  Had no idea.

the 90s were strange yeah

El_Varaco - 

over which was cooler to listen to, and which type of music made you more of a badass

it's strange I know.

it all fizzled out though when the whole Rap Metal scene came about

there were many other scenester battles like this in the early 80s it was the punks versus the glamour boys, and a few years back we saw the metal heads vs. the emo kids.

but the hip hop vs. metal (you have to say it with a tagalog accent too and accent the "a" in metal) was by far the most epic of them all.

Some people peg the notorious DJ Carlos (Carrrrlloooss) of now defunct metal station LA 105.9 who would frequently yell into the mic during his sets "Mamatay ang mga hip hop!!!" "Putanginan niyong lahat!!!", death to all hip hop, which egged on the all the long haired metal brethren to beat up every baggy trousered kid they saw.

Yep that's right, all that I've typed is true to the best of my memory. EKPOGI can probably validate this with stories of his own, since I think he was still here in the 90s and apparently was heavily into the metal scene back then.

FACK YEAH!i hated them hiphop fackers back then.hehe.i dunno,im a metal head and LA 105 was awesome back then.played OPM and some cool rock/metal.dont get me wrong,i listen to hiphop/rap now(its mandatory when you go to clubs) but metAl is number 1.but it was a funny scene back then.watching ghetto pinoys dressed in baggy clothes was funny looking back then to the fellas with ripped jeans and long hair and piercings.plus what made it awesome was metal group Erectus won awit awards for best Rap going up against rappers.

\m/

my question with fraternity's do they still gangbang/rape women?i heard from friends that some does it for initiation.

wtf

^yeah they're facked up like that.especially in the provinces.there's no sororities in the Philippines .fraternity's are pretty much gangs.

Yeah EK to the rescue, i just knew that you got in on that back in the day hahahahahah (i meant the whole hiphop vs. metal thing)

my question with fraternity's do they still gangbang/rape women?i heard from friends that some does it for initiation.

yep it happens, but usually with the smaller upstart fraternities and the "gangs".

I guess the primary objective is to generate recruitment numbers, more dudes will join if they get a chance to bang a girl neophyte. But yes it happens and there have been numerous phone cam videos circulating that attest to this.

the more established and reputable frats such as the law school groups like APO, and Aquila Legis don't do this though

well there are sororities like Beta Sigma, but some probinsyano from the sticks must have misread fraternity to mean gang and is open to membership from both genders

(goddamn I just read what I typed and I sound old!)

"the more established and reputable frats such as the law school groups like APO, and Aquila Legis don't do this though"

Aquila Legis, holy shit that was my Dads fraternity.    whew,  good to know pops wasn't a Rapist.

old school frats didnt do any of the facked up shit that frats are notoriously known for nowadays.

yep old school frat tend to stay away from crazy shit like that partly because they have a name to uphold and partly because their members aren't retards, actually most of the old school ones have a lot of high-powered people on their rosters.

Some of them got into trouble a while back though, particularly because of the deaths that occurred when the hazing rituals got out of hand.

but now frats are slowly getting into the mainstream, i've seen people wearing and openly selling Treskelion shirts, which you would never have seen pre-2000, i guess the "gangs" have pretty much taken over the shenanigans and douchebaggery

^any shirts that say i participated or survived a fraternity gangbang?

lol nope just bloody school uniforms

lol damn

I always found it funny how Filipino Frats do that shit.

Which is why TGP and Akrho are both considered gangs by the police instead of Fraternaties.

lol akrho just brought back images of skinny kids wearing bell bottomed jeans and alpombras (sabungero sandals that really had no left or right pair, which was its most novel feature)

back in the day akrho was the ghettoest of the ghetto frats alongside CB (crimebusters....yes they really were called that)