Are there any good grappling clubs

Are there any good grappling clubs in Niagara? I went to the fight club in the Falls this last month, and I was disappointed, to say the least. The advanced grappling was just another session of the instructor and his top student - mauling all the new guys and showing them nothing. What's the point of going if all your going to learn is what it feels like to be choked and have your elbows tweaked - and never learn how to defend yourself?

Disclaimer - using friends' login for access to this site.

What club were u at????

Ricky B

If you can drive down to St. Catharines come down to Defensive Arts Training Centre.
Phone Number 905-704-0374

Gerry

My friend... I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the advance class... Don't want to comment on here about your expereince.... If you want to discuss it with me then please give me a call personally.... Just curious did I invite you to the advanced class don't usually let new people roll in the advance class...

Regards

Vince

RickyB..Sorry to hear you had just a negative class.I have several points to make about your comments. I have been a memeber of this team for 4 years and have nothing but great things to say about the team. The instructors are all excellent instructors and people. Why would you be taking an advanced class when you are obviously not an advanced student? Why would you not speak to the instructor about? Just wondering if maybe you brought an attitude to the class? I have never seen any problems with any new or advanced students before on the mats. The club was also training for a tournament so memebers were either training for or assisting those for the tournament..James

Sounds like someone simply took this as an opportunity to be an idiot and post nonsense.

I've trained, sparred, and been a team mate of one of the instructors years ago and he was and still is a class act.

This person seems to have ISSUES.

i have to second what Jamesi said.  I'm also a long time member of the club and I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we pride ourselves on being an open and welcoming bunch of guys. 

Being that the tournament has passed I would give the place another try and I would maybe try a class more suited to beginners.

Yeah, you should probably come back and try a beginner class. I'm sure your opinion will soon change. As mentioned there was an upcoming tournament so maybe you got the wrong impression watching some of the guys train more intensely. Our club is fortunate to have a great group of students all of which work together and help each other out.

Hey Wiley, how are you doing these days?

I'm good. I am still training 4days a week, once and awhile 5. I am training now for longevity in the sport and not so much for competition, but I did get my ass kicked at Joslins though which was fun.

Hey Paul what's up!!!!

It's been a long time dude.  You gotta drop by when you get some time

Tim.

sounds like an internet crybaby to me. If its such a new experience to be choked try a beginner class. And perhaps you went in with some attitude?

Hey Paul. Good to hear from you!
I hope all is well with you and your family.
The job sounds like they are running you crazy!
Take care Paul!
I know this is dumb; but whenever I picture a power plant, I think of Homer simpson at work.

Paul, if you're in Hamilton Joslin's is a great club to train at. Check it out if you can. Hope all is well bro.

Chad

"The advanced grappling was just another session of the instructor and his top student - mauling all the new guys and showing them nothing."

I wonder if this guy went to an 'open mat' class thinking it was an advanced instructional.

"Sounds like someone simply took this as an opportunity to be an idiot and post nonsense."

"sounds like an internet crybaby to me."

why do people feel the need to attck someone who posts something negative about a club. Granted the guy probably should have just spoke to the instructor about it. It seems to me that he is just frustrated about what happened.

The only good grappling club is the one you came from or started at.

So go the FUC^ back and train some Karate.

I heard that Defensive Arts Training Centre you had to make an appointment in order to stop by and roll, is this true or can anyone stop by and roll??

"The advanced grappling was just another session of the instructor and his top student - mauling all the new guys and showing them nothing. What's the point of going if all your going to learn is what it feels like to be choked and have your elbows tweaked - and never learn how to defend yourself?"

Yah.. your completely right, this club doesn't know anything about grappling, i mean, the Recent Joslins Tournment Jameel, Tate, and Conor got 1st place belts, Ryan and Paul got 2nd place medals, and a couple other guys got 3rd. When is this damn club gonna show how to defend yourself???

BTW... RICKYB YOUR A FUCKING DOUCHE BAG!!!

unbeatable...Very well put. Said what others wanted to say!

LOL @ the ugly turn this thread took.

UMM guys , I didnt write the thread. Did you read the disclaimer. A friend of a friend wrote this thread under my name. I have no beef against fight club , I have grappled for 8 years and Know more about this sport than I should LOL. I dont even live in niagara. But this is how a new comer felt coming to the club , so maybe its something they should look at. I have never been so I cant judge.

Relax.