Are you tough enough to make old school Lions Den?

After listening to the deep dives with Tiger White, Jason Delucia and others all I can say is fuck that! I am not man enough to make that team. It’s like being jumped into a gang but worse.

Even if you make it you have to deal with Ken snapping your legs because he is mad at his wife or for some perceived slight. You have to train hard with Tiger and Frank.

Sparring gets you more injured than the actual pro fights. Crazy hearing about Mikey Burnett getting KOed cold days before his ufc fight.

Tiger may not have the best mma record but that guy is tough to have lasted in the lions den for as long as he did

18 Likes

It’s crazy how terrible his record looks, but he’s a legit dude.

9 Likes

Best win Vladimir Matyushenko?

3 Likes

no i am not.

1 Like

No, I don’t think so.

Fuck no in fact I bet a few of todays MMA fighters might not have made it either.

3 Likes

I would fuck all those Lions Den guys in the ass…come at me bro…

5 Likes

Ive been listening to these too…nah i dont think so…lol.

Never a big fan of Ken, even less so now.

2 Likes

When I was 12 I did kenpo with Pete Salas 2 doors down from the Lions Den every day for a couple years. Right after our class I would run over and watch through the windows until my mom came to pick me up. Their training was mind blowing to my kid brain.

18 Likes

no
but ive rolled with vernon
i m glad it wasnt a fight

3 Likes

Nope

I don’t know if it’s about being tough enough, it’s more about respecting yourself to not get fucked up by guys that were absolute machines. If they had zero respect for their team mates and hurt them because of their personal problems, then they are dicks and not worth training with.

7 Likes

Fuck idk if I could make it but I’d have a great time trying lol

1 Like

Not a chance. Those guy were killers who had no problem going all out on training partners, which ended up damaging their own prospects. Places like this is why there is so much cte in fighters from that era.

4 Likes

For that shit? Definitely not.

I guess semantically. Not so much when you look at win/loss records.

Nope. I’d get myself into serious danger too

That old thread with Scott Bessac really put it in perspective. Definitely a different world back then.

4 Likes

Cliffs?

Nobody fucks with hamster style

1 Like