Arona out of ADCC Superfight...

www2.adcombat.com/article.html?id=13048

2007 ADCC Superfight change: Arona is out
Submitted by: Kid Peligro / Sr Editor
Posted On 04/28/2007

ADCC Organizers have just received word from Ricardo Arona's camp that the former Champion is withdrawing form the Superfight. Arona's camp informed the committee that Ricardo had a relapse of the Dengue fever that he had contracted recently and will not be able to compete comes next weekend in Trenton, NJ. Arona is back in the hospital with a high fever. According to his camp Arona may have started training too hard and too early and his ammune system was not up 100% and then the relapse

The committee is looking at all available fighters to select the best for the Superfight against Roger Gracie. More on this as it develops!

I don't know about you, but I would much rather see Roger fight in his weight class and in the open division and submit all eight opponents again then see him in one superfight. 

This is also on the UG.

My choices would be:

JJ Machado
Jeff Monson
Marcelo Garcia (he tooled Ricco, so I don't the size would bother him).

I agree with MMD. I would love to see Roger fight in his weight class and the Absolute. I was disappointed from the beginning that he was fighting Arona instead of Lister. Arona is a boring fighter/grappler anyway.

Why not have him fight Xande? They have had some crazy gi matches. Sure wish Jacare would change his mind.

having had a quick straw poll of the Brazilians at the gym, not one of them can remember anyone they know ever contracting Dengue fever. Seriously, what are the chances? Anyone else they sign up to take the super fight needs to have a damn good medical before they announce it.

"having had a quick straw poll of the Brazilians at the gym, not one of them can remember anyone they know ever contracting Dengue fever. Seriously, what are the chances? "

My friend almost died to dengue fever.

It is nothing to joke about and changes are there. Hard training is knows to lower persons immune system.

Unique, that sucks for your friend however seriously has anyone got any stats on Dengue fever contraction rates in Brazil?

OK, I'll answer my own question:

From the WHO:

'The rapid spread of dengue fever in parts of Bolivia, Brazil and Paraguay has caused authorities to declare a health alert for the disease. Higher rainfall than usual and uncommonly warm weather have fueled the outbreak, which is worst in Brazil and Paraguay. In Brazil?s Mato Grosso do Sul state, authorities estimate that some 15,000 people have been infected this year, more than in all of 2006. Paraguay has seen more than 3,000 cases this year. '

Please not Marcello. I dont want anything to deprive me of him and Saulo going at it.