Aspinall calling for Jones to be stripped of the title, says the UFC is protecting him šŸ‘€

lol a dog and a weasel laughing about the farmer.

Aspinall is correct here.

1 Like

Jones is injured so surely it makes sense for Aspinall to fight Stipe and Bones to fight the winner?

Heā€™s right.

If they want to schedule a heavyweight title fight, who are they going to contact? Aspinall.

When Jiri was injured he did the honourable thing and relinquished the title. Jones should do the same.

Yep this 100% it doesnt make sense.

Theyre just trying to squeeze their golden goose for one more big payday is all i can guess.

Gutless gane didnt even attempt to fight off that guillotine.
His mindset was if youre gonna get raped lay back and enjoy it.
Therefore jones should forfeit the title.

1 Like

John Jones has failed to finish 7 of his last 10 fights going back a decade.

A DECADE!

There might have been a time when he was in the GOAT conversation ā€“ but that time has passed.

Jones had an explosive initial run vs the previous era of LHW killers-- most of which had a ton of mileage ā€“ and at least a couple were shadows of their former selves by the time they fought Jones.

Jones basically had a 3 year explosive peak ā€“ which was very impressive ā€“ but still pales in comparison to Fedorā€™s almost decade run.

The second DC win is really his crowning achievement ā€“ and that was tainted by PED violation.

Jones has been ducking he HW division for YEARS!
He could have stepped up years ago, and faced a solid murdererā€™s row of HW competitionā€¦

Werdum
Arlovski
Hunt
Reem
DC
Lewis
JDS
Stipe
Ngannou
Etcā€¦

Instead he fucked around between long layoffs and boring decisions ā€“ and even managed to convince Daniel Cormier to fuck around at LHW where Jones knew he had the advantage.

Iā€™ve said it on here time and time again ā€“ dozens of times over the years ā€“ that Jones would wait until the HW division was ripe for the taking before he decides to move up.
He waited until all the dangerous killers either retired or were in their last legs ā€“ and took his FIRST and so far ONLY heavyweight fight vs a guy with a hand injury who barely even showed up ā€“ AFTER the real threat had moved on.

THEN he takes a fight with a 40+ aging veteran ā€“ because, you know, thatā€™s where heā€™s had the majority of his career success ā€“ vs guys past their peaks.

And now heā€™s INJURED!

How fucking convenient!

Iā€™ve been following this sport from the beginning.
Seen 'em come and go.

I can say with the utmost confidence, that John Jones is the WORST thing to ever happen to MMA.
He has finagled his way into the ā€œGOATā€ conversation based on a 3 year peak and 2 fights vs DC ā€“ one of which he cheated.

I can also say ā€“ with the utmost confidence ā€“ that John Jones is NOT the GOAT.
And he never will be.
There are a bunch of historic killers at heavyweight that would have pushed his shit in.

Maybe he beats a coupleā€¦

But there is no way he goes through this list from around 2914 - 2020, without at least a couple decisive lossesā€¦

Werdum
Arlovski
Hunt
Reem
DC
Lewis
JDS
Stipe
Ngannou

And Iā€™m leaving some out.

Cain had long layoffs and fought the same couple guys a bunch of times.
But at least Cain has convincing wins against legit HW killers!

Jones might be the best LHW everā€¦
But heā€™s not even a blip on the Heavyweight radar ā€“ and he absolutely cannot be considered the ā€œGOATā€.

He is an opportunistic, legacy-driven bitch.

Fedor has more FINISHES than John Jones has fights!

Fedor is the GOAT.
Period.

I think Jones should be stripped.
Heā€™s a paper ā€œchampionā€.

I also hope he fights a few more times so we can all see him lose.
Heā€™s not as good as people think.

3 Likes

100% this.

He showed up for a payday.

A disgrace.

Jones doesnā€™t deserve to be counted among HW champions.

1 Like

hate to say I agree with OP not 1 person cares about Jones-Stipe

2 Likes

Ufc is currently a gay joke and I donā€™t believe we are seeing the best the world has to offer anymore.

2 Likes

not even close. Theres like 5 guys in all the weight classes that are world class, the rest is filler and old men that should not be competing

Prime Matt Mitrione would beat Aspinall. The current ufc heavyweight division hasnā€™t been this bad in quite awhile.

2 Likes

i think youā€™re right.

1 Like

WTF? Mitrione was fucking garbage.
Aspinall wouldā€™ve slaughtered that sloppy amateur cunt in 2 rounds.
Meathead was just some washed out football jock that took up MMA to get a few checks.
Big Tom has been training martial arts since he was 8 years old.
Btw whatā€™s on Mitrioneā€™s laptop?

1 Like

lol at this thing having a chance against Aspinall.

1 Like

Ask mccorkle

Mitrione, Schaub and Rothwell would all take Aspinall to deep waters and drown him. Thatā€™s how unimpressed I am with Aspinall.

1 Like

prepare to be amazed.
I doubted him too after his knee injury and Sergeiā€™s tremendous run of destruction and then to see that happen Holy fuck!
How did I miss this?

BTW such a great list of the most unimpressive heavyweights in recent memory haha!

Weā€™re hating on champions trying to be active now?

How times have changedā€¦

2 Likes