Aspinall Received Death Threats from Crazy Jon Jones UGers

No professional sports athlete is immune to psychotic Internet fandom behavior, including Tom Aspinall.

The reigning Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) interim Heavyweight champion has been a positive figure and entertaining fighter inside (and outside) the Octagon since joining the promotion in July 2020. Obviously, the British superstar most certainly should not die, but some Jon Jones fans would, sadly, rather he did, according to Aspinall. “People on the Internet are wild,” Aspinall told OLBG. “You have to kind of see it for what it is. It’s not real life, a lot of it comes from jealousy. People don’t like to see other people do well, unfortunately that’s the way of the world. With a lot of love comes a lot of hate as well. That’s the way the cookie crumbles, unfortunately.

“I’m human so it affects me sometimes,” he continued. “But, I try to just turn a blind eye to it and just crack on. The Internet is a strange place. I clicked on my message requests by accident the other day and people are sending me death threats for wanting to fight Jon Jones, who’s the best in the world and it’s madness. You just think what the f—k is going on in your life that you want to say that you want to kill somebody else because they want to fight, it’s madness.”
UFC’s Heavyweight division has spiraled out of controlor perhaps logic — with the undisputed titleholder, Jones, sidelined for the foreseeable future after he tore his pectoral muscle ahead of UFC 295 this past Nov. 2023. As a result, Aspinall entered on short notice to knockout Sergei Pavlovich in 69 seconds (watch highlights) and start a feud with Jones that won’t have a resolution anytime soon.

It’s entertaining, though.

Upon Jones’ return, he’s expected to have his original UFC 295 match up against Stipe Miocic rebooked, leaving Aspinall to wait and defend his interim crown in the meantime. Rumblings have surrounded a possible Aspinall return at UFC 300 in April 2024, but options are limited and he would think some crazier types of possibilities are likely, if any are to come.

And he’s trying to be “realistic.”

He should kill himself

1 Like

I call bullshit. Who reallly cares about Jon Jones enough to send anyone death threats?

6 Likes

coke dealers?

2 Likes

Ok, but he should be able to block Jon’s family!

They don’t seem like the mean tweet crowd.

1 Like

Steroid dealers?

3 Likes

never got home smashed on coke and stayed up for a bit, huh?

That’s exactly what I was wondering!!

I read that the death threats are coming from fans of color. So it’s unlikely any threats are coming from UG members here

3 Likes

Kiriks black wtf

1 Like

buncha fags

Jones fans are pathetic.

I’d give anything to see Khabib fight again because I actually believe in him unlike Jon’s fanbase.

Jon Jones.

Should kill himself