Aspinall’s perfect response to Jon Jones Twitter rant

1 Like

Jones is correct. There have been like 10+ guys that were supposed to be the “guy” who beats jones, never happened. Tom isn’t it.

6 Likes

Gus beat him, and so did reyes. Maybe. But gus for sure beat that ass in their first fight.

9 Likes

Tom rekt him

2 Likes

No he didn’t, jones finished the last round strong. And jones was like maybe 20% at best during that fight because he was drinking and partying in camp, the rematch showed you what jones is really capable of. As for reyes I do agree it was close but gotta beat the champ to be the champ.

2 Likes

The point is he won that exchange because the only way to shut a sociopath criminal piece of shit up is just agree with them.

6 Likes

Gtfo out of there with that you gotta beat the champ saying.

It was a close fight, couldve gone either way but i thought reyes won

2 Likes

I think Tom is pacing himself and reloading. The only way he can ever hope to get a fight with Jon is to make himself an unavoidable nuisance to him. He of course needs to win impressively but I don’t think that alone will influence Jon. But if Tom can get Jon mad enough for long enough to create some sort of feud Jon’s ego may push him to take the fight.

I think Aspinal damages Jones. Too quick and and too overwhelming. He fights at a different level than Jones is used to.

1 Like

If Jones wins, he’s the undisputed GOAT. Make it happen! Let’s see what you got Jon!

Yeah but he was stumbling around like a buffoon towards the end and that gave the judges the wrong impression

I don’t believe Jon fell for it, tho.

What a sucker.

I thought that other brazilian beat him too

1 Like

Tom is nothing special, C+ level. You guys are going to learn that the hard way

2 Likes

Silva? If were doing woulda couldas, silva was basically a paraplegic and took jones to SD. He had a torn meniscus among other things IIRC.

Edit: Wrong thiago. I meant santos, not silva.

Ah yes. Guy had no knee stabity and still kicked jones legs into bolivia

1 Like

You’re talking about Thiago Santos. I thought he won that fight too.

3 Likes

Jones is right, but at the same time, I don’t understand him holding the belt when he cannot defend it.

If the UFC does a heavyweight fight, can Jones step up and defend it? No, Aspinall will fight.

Unless there are some incentives, Jones should relinquish it and then go ahead recapture it from Aspinall when he is back.

I don’t know who would win between them two. But what I noticed is that Aspinall has a surprisingly short reach.

1 Like

Jones is right? Nope. He would have been 3 years ago. But being that inactive and having had just ONE fight at HW, it’s not like he cleared the division! Aspinall vs Serguei was for the real belt. JBJ will miss so much time, after more than 3 years of not fighting, it’s ridiculous. He should get an immediate title shot IF he comes back, just like Prochazka and the brother beater (ha!), but why hold the belt hostage?

1 Like