Atama Sale

I now have two KillerBees. One in each weight. They are legit, and a LOT of gi for the money.

Also don't like Atama's polyester blend ripstop pants:(

john, how do you like the two weights? i like heavier gis but want a plain one without patches.

They are now 25% off on everything and free shipping. Phone Post

Sugarfoot - They are now 25% off on everything and free shipping. Phone Post

Garbage. That still means $117 shipped for the lowest price gi. Since I used to to pay $70 for these and fuji as well it's still WAY overpriced. It's like raising the price for Honda civic to 60k, then trying to convince people they can have it on sale for a whopping 45k. Sorry Atama, you screwed up and it will be the demise of your company. Phone Post

fuji's all day. next i'll get a padilla.

I too have a wholesale account but haven't bought from them in years. Prices went up but sadly quality I feel got a little worse. The atamas I bought from 2000-2006 were great. My favorite gis by far. Then they started losing quality and coupled with price increase after price increase, well it was time to move on. I remember buying singles for like $63 delivered and gold weaves for like $80 delivered. Ahh the good old days.

JoejitsuMD -
Sugarfoot - They are now 25% off on everything and free shipping. Phone Post

Garbage. That still means $117 shipped for the lowest price gi. Since I used to to pay $70 for these and fuji as well it's still WAY overpriced. It's like raising the price for Honda civic to 60k, then trying to convince people they can have it on sale for a whopping 45k. Sorry Atama, you screwed up and it will be the demise of your company. Phone Post

When did you last get a Gi bought and paid for from Atama for $70? What style was it? Just curious and I dont work for and am not affiliated with Atama Phone Post

klif - I have a wholesale account with them and a few years ago I asked about the continuing price rise. I was told it had everything to do with the fall of the dollar compared to the Brazilian Real.

My first Atama was a blue single weave that I got for $70 delivered. :)

seems to be the case...
http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/charts/chartdl.aspx?symbol=%2fBRLUSD&x=0&y=0&CP=0&PT=10

they're still overpriced for quality. They're pants shrink more than a dick in a cold pool.