ATT 4-0 @ Xtreme Fight Night Ft. Lauderdale!

American Top Team had a very strong outing as some of our younger fighters had a chance to shine at last nights Xtreme Fight Night card in Ft. Lauderdale.

Making his pro debt, Sabah Homasi took out Lindon Mitchell with a brutal TKO win at just 37 seconds in the first round!

At only 18 years of age, Yuri Villefort put on an impressive performance defeating his much older opponent with a guillotine choke at 2:28 of the first round. Yuri is the younger brother of UFC fighter Danillo Villefort who was in attendance, along with his father Master "Indio" who flew in from Brazil to watch his son.

ATT's Coconut Creek BJJ instructor Jonatas "Tagarela" Gurgel raised his record to 3-0 with a quick armbar finish 50 seconds into the first round. All 3 of Tagarela's wins have come by submission. Nice job by Tagarel who steppeed up on just 3 days notice!

In the main event of the evening, ATT's head Jiu-Jitsu coach Marcos 'Parrumpinha" DaMatta won his second title in just three weeks. Parrumpinha finished Miami fighter Chris Thorne by rear naked choke at 2:24 of the opening round to capture the WFO title running his record to 6-0. Parrumpinha adds that to his ISKA title he picked up in April.

Congrats to all the ATT fighters who did an outstanding job. Especially our next wave of young talent that continues to shine.

American Top Team

Hell Yeah!! Congrats to all the guys, but especially Yuri and Taga who imo are the next 2 big stars to come out of ATT. Both guys are under 25 and ridiculously talented with great work ethics. It wont be long before you see both of them in one of the Big 3 orgs

Time just flies, I remember when Yuri was a little 15 year old kid, fresh from Brazil. Danillo was my Coach and I got to know Linguisa well. Last time I saw him, he was bigger than Danillo, and a fully grown man. The whole Villefort family are talented fighters, from Mestre Indio, Danillo, Douglas, and Yuri. I wish I made that fight to see him win his debut. One day I'll see him out here in Vegas fighting in the big show.

Congrats to all ATT figthers!

Thanks to my sponsors:

Boca Tanning Club
Cawley Construction
Street Wise Fight Wear
Aces High Tattoos

Thanks a lot guys!