Attention Women fighters.

Zuffa has pretty much killed your career.
Feel free to kick Dana in the jimmy next time you see him

it really shows what kind of people dana and zuffa boys are, very insecure

buisiness as usual til the contracts are up

sf may have gone under without the buyout

What is going to happen to the Stikeforce chick fighters now with the buyout? He cant just get rid of the women's division right?

Sure they can. As soon as their contracts are up. That is if they give them anymore fights. Phone Post

Has there been new information today or is this just another "jump to conclusions" thread?

disbeliever - Not sure why he is so against women fighting. There are a ton of talented women athletes out there who are skilled. It is not a bar room cat fight brawl.

I dunno, there are really only a few good female fighters in each weight class. Just look at the situation Cyborg is in right now. There's a good chance she's going to go a year without fighting because there are 0 contenders for her. Her last fight was against a complete no-hoper, too.

dana doesnt have moral issues with women fighting, i think he feels that it's bad business... people won't want to watch it. and while i enjoy female fights, even judging just from the discussion i've seen here on the UG, even a large portion of hardcore MMA fans don't want to watch female fights. he feels that UFC cards will suffer from adding female fights.

It would be cool if he could somehow still get them done though, in a separate promotion or something. maybe if he decides to do more strikeforce shows.

HexRei - while i enjoy female fights, even judging just from the discussion i've seen here on the UG, even a large portion of hardcore MMA fans don't want to watch female fights. he feels that UFC cards will suffer from adding female fights.
It's true. I love watching SmackGirl, ReMix, and Revolution, but all the noise coming from the haters makes it hard to enjoy the fights.

I'd be happy if they used the SF shows as their female fight outlet, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Problem with female fighters isnt there talent... hell, the Women almost ALWAYS make the men fighters on a show look like dog shit

There just isnt enough of them... period. You cant support any kind of scene with the few that are and I doubt Dana wants to take on the challenge of bringing up a new type of MMA after all theyve been through dragging the ufc out of hell and back... it would be like going back to 1993 and starting all over again

The lack of depth is much more of an issue at 145, where Cyborg and Gina are. 135 and 125 have enough ladies make for competitive title shots.

disbeliever - Not sure why he is so against women fighting. There are a ton of talented women athletes out there who are skilled. It is not a bar room cat fight brawl.

I disagree.  There aren't a ton of talented women.  They've fed blown up 135ers to Cyborg and have had her on the shelf for the better part of a year because they have nobody to fight her.

nah, he's a businessman first, there's money to be made...

Sagiv Lapkin  mainstream society just <b>does not care</b> about women's sports.

Tennis anyone?

disbeliever - 
jjj2121 - 

I disagree.  There aren't a ton of talented women.  They've fed blown up 135ers to Cyborg and have had her on the shelf for the better part of a year because they have nobody to fight her.

This is not what Isaid at all. I said there were tons of talented female fighters in gyms, but since there is no where to go for them but a few mall options, most dont try it.

I also said if the UFC opened its doors, I would bet you would see an influx of skilled women

You said there are a ton of talented women athletes who are skilled.  That made it sound to me like you were saying there were a ton of talented and skilled women fighters.

9 times out of 10 the chick fight ends up being the best fight of the night.

disbeliever - 
jjj2121 - 
disbeliever - 
jjj2121 - 

This is not what Isaid at all. I said there were tons of talented female fighters in gyms, but since there is no where to go for them but a few mall options, most dont try it.

I also said if the UFC opened its doors, I would bet you would see an influx of skilled women

You said there are a ton of talented women athletes who are skilled.  That made it sound to me like you were saying there were a ton of talented and skilled women fighters.

I am talking about untapped women in martial art school around the world, not women already signed fighters.

Gotcha, I misunderstood your original point.

My how times have changed.

man whats with all the old thread bumps lately lol..

Its TBT fool